Some Funky Stuff in RTCW

ZoSo

Limp Gawd
Im running XP Pro/SP1, latest DirectX and Nvidia drivers, video card is an FX5950., went from a GeForce2 Ultra(which I never had these problems)
I get a few strange things in the game.
One is the flame thrower flames, they come out "boxy" looking
And a few of the lights show up really strange.
Here's some pics of what I'm talking about.
fire.jpg

lights.jpg

I've tried numerous drivers and settings and in game settings and end up with the same results.
Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,

did you completely remove all the Nvidia drivers and registery entries? you must do this and re-install the newest drivers (you may have them now, but they need to be installed for the new card cause it has a different ID)

might be a heat issue or low voltage issue?

try changing the lighting option ingame? i remember a quake 3 lightning setting (lightmap or vertex) that would make lights look like that

Tried the lighting options and it didn't change what is in the picture above.
All driver information was cleaned before each install. As far as a heat or voltage problem, everything is OK with that.
Thanks for the ideas though. Any other ideas?

Are you overclocking? That has a tendency to produce some of the strange effects you're noticing.

meh, maybe your new graphics card is simply too advanced for it.. i dunno... try disabling AntiAliasing or Anistropic Filtering if you have it on.

when I install new drivers I follow this procedure:

1. use built-in uninstaller in Windows (You are most likely asked for a reboot).

2. Reboot into safe mode.

3. Clean out the drivers using a Driver cleaning app example http://www.driverheaven.net/cleaner/

4. Reboot into normal mode.

5. Install new drivers (You are most likely asked for a reboot).

6. Enjoy :)

aliittle late to answer this, but its simply a quality setting in the game.. you gotta up the texture quality and filtering... trilinear, 32bit color.. high textures and so on... the fire you see is just a ugly low quality texture in a box.

-Fre0n

Hello,

I had a problem similar to this. Go to your RTCW install directory and there should be a base or data folder in there. In there you should find the configuration file for RTCW , I forget the exact name but it should be a .cfg extension. Delete the file and then retry your game. Worked for me. Good Luck!

Zachary

Akuma said:
It's always had it. You can also get a silenced Luger.

RTCW didnt always have Akimbo's as I have played it since the mp_test days. It must be a mod.
ET has always had them but not RTCW.

That is in SP. You can tell since the ammo is not how it is in MP. Yes, I played RTCW a bit too much for awhile. -_-

I've tried everything mentioned above, re-installed the game 4 times now, cleaned the drivers out everytime I installed a different set. I went back to 56.55 drivers.
Basically I did everything short of doing an OS reload, which is not needed as I just did it not too long ago.
everything else looks great in the game except for the flame thrower flames.

Thanks,

Sparky said:
RTCW didnt always have Akimbo's as I have played it since the mp_test days. It must be a mod.
ET has always had them but not RTCW.

Actually it's always been there. You can only get them in single player, though.

OK here's something interesting.
I checked it out in mutiplayer, set everything the same as single player and the flame thrower flames look the way they are suppose to, this is strange now.

Back