• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Some feedback needed for 5.1 speaker setup

enyceexdanny

2[H]4U
Joined
Sep 22, 2003
Messages
2,618
So, all of you that have the Promedia 5.1 series, how do you have the rear speakers set up?

Because, I've been using the Creative inspire 5300, but I didn't upgrade because I like the way it's set up.

I currently have it setup on the creative surround station accessory.

But if I upgrade to , lets say the promedia ultra 5.1's - it seems that the only way to set up the rear is by using the optional speaker stands - or mounting on the wall.

Is there another way to have it set up?

Thanks.
 
Man those pictures look weird.

Well wall mounting/stands/on tables you name it?
 
Personally, I just picked up some speaker stands for my 5.1

Something wrong with wall mounting or stands? or are you just looking for something else to do?

I suppose you could suspend them from the ceiling but then the speaker wire would pose a slight setback.
 
I would like to wallmount, but it won't be at it's optimal position. My workstation is at the corner of the room. So the left rear will be on its correct position, but the rear right will be too far away.

I was considering stands, but I am facing the corner, meaning the rear speakers + stands will be behind me - but when people move around the room, I'm afraid that it will get knocked down.

I guess if wallmounting or stands are the only way, I have no choice.. but I was just curious how everyone else has it set up.
 
Back
Top