Some clarification on the Fatal1ty Professional Series Headset from Creative

I agree though that the drivers are overall very stable for the X-Fi (a big improvement over the Audigy 2 ZS), but there are a few quirks that still need to be ironed out (like the ASIO support that lags). Thanks again! :)

I too agree that the drivers have been very good this time around going to an X-Fi Plat from an Audigy 2 oem.Nice to see a CR CSR post in here.Can this new set of phones be used in a call centre envirement? My wife is using a low end set of Plantronics and was thinking of going with a new set of 450 or 550's from them,does the set you guys are pushing,is it suitable in that fashion ? She wants to be using this.....

http://www.plantronics.com/north_america/en_US/products/cat1200043/cat380046/prod350006

Will the set CR is doing be able to hook up to a 2 jacker like the m12 ? Or could it with a jack? Do they make a adaptor that would let it work ?

not just a cheap headset with a professional gamers name slapped on it. That's completely against what the whole Fatal1ty initiative at Creative is about.

The Fatal1ty mouse begs to differ.

Not that it is strictly relevant to this product, but something that is missing from the gamer market in the audio sector is a good ear mounted mic. I'm sure I'm not the only person out there with nice speakers that would like to listen in surround sound, but still has need for voice chat. The problem with all existing products is they are headphones, so they block your hearing and thus enjoyment of the sound.

Basically take the mic unit from your headset, or something similar, and just attach it to something that mounts on the ear or a behind the head band. Then you can chat and use surround sound at the same time.

Thus far these seem to exist only in the professional arena. I'm going to buy one probably, but it's a pain as it also needs a preamp and phantom power (condenser mic). I'd much rather get a unit designed for a PC.

I know you guys didn't put surround capability in your X-Fi for nothing, don't leave us hanging!

if they really used some high end headphones to compare to hopefully they might make a decent enough headset...

i just hope when they talk about the microphone being similar to an "F18" headset and made by another professional company they are talking about a real headset compnay like david clark, those are some serious headsets... not crap like bose airplane/military headsets...

Even better if we could get a great sounding headphone with a removeable microphone. I do a mix of gaming/music listening and it'd be nice to have a mic for vent/TS and be able to pull it off for single player action and music listening.

Best. Idea. Ever.

I've been waiting for something like this for years, as I think having to buy two sets of quality headphones simply because walking down the street with a pair of headphones that have a microphone attached makes you look like such a goon.

I read that just having the "Fatal1ty" on your box adds like 15mhz to your overclock.

On your soundcard: decreased Hiss by 20%, and can hear through walls. Automatically converts crappy 128bit MP3's to FLACC

Case: Decrease temps by 5%, and an increased 10cfm for each fan in a 5 foot radius of the case itself.

Not that it is strictly relevant to this product, but something that is missing from the gamer market in the audio sector is a good ear mounted mic. I'm sure I'm not the only person out there with nice speakers that would like to listen in surround sound, but still has need for voice chat. The problem with all existing products is they are headphones, so they block your hearing and thus enjoyment of the sound.

Basically take the mic unit from your headset, or something similar, and just attach it to something that mounts on the ear or a behind the head band. Then you can chat and use surround sound at the same time.

Thus far these seem to exist only in the professional arena. I'm going to buy one probably, but it's a pain as it also needs a preamp and phantom power (condenser mic). I'd much rather get a unit designed for a PC.

I know you guys didn't put surround capability in your X-Fi for nothing, don't leave us hanging!

This is what you are looking for.

There ARE new drivers up for the X-FI for those using it that offer even better performance tweaks as well as some compatibility and bug fixes. I think ANYONE that owns an X-Fi will agree that we've made our drivers rock solid with the X-Fi and the engineers are very proud of this fact indeed.

Gratz! Only took youguys 15 years and 5000 card models! :p

I am one that will never ever buy another creative product again. But I must agree your current PR campaign with Fatality is a success. They always have been. If only Creative invested as much in their support as they do for their Marketting/PR campains, they would not have had as many competitors as today, and would not be losing market shares to superior products.

This new headset looks really nice, probably sounds nice too, but the simple fact that it has a Creative stamp on it refrains me from buying it.

A person you have failed many times :)

/rant off

When will we "US" be able to purchase these I ready to buy now! I've never had any problems with any of Creative's products but of course I don't own Vista and I've never bought anything labeled Fatal1ty. So, I'm still a fan!

When will we "US" be able to purchase these I ready to buy now! I've never had any problems with any of Creative's products but of course I don't own Vista and I've never bought anything labeled Fatal1ty. So, I'm still a fan!

for some reasons (probably leagle), they don't want to offer them in the US.

I was sorta interested in them when I saw the original specs, but after my DT770's, and a clip-on zalman mic.. Creative headset what? :rolleyes:

Walmart... the "sure do got a purdy mouth" of the grocery world.... At least ours here is..

And after seeing John "Fatality" whatever.. that explains alot.

Lotta hate in this sub forum and thread for Creative !! :(

I bought a set of these for my wife and she loves them.I grabbed her a set of Senn pc150K
and these,and a some mid range Plantronics,and she uses these Creative Fatality's over the others at work.

I formally invite you to hang out with me at the Walmart in Benton Harbor, Mi. :D

I don't even like to drive past it.. I do hope that others are a bit improved.....

U live in Kalamazoo? I work at Hospital there in the Surgical / Trauma ICU. For shits and giggles, I'll take a look tomorrow AM when I get off of work..

Expect report then.... I'll probably end up hugging myself, rocking back and forth in the nearest corner.. Bath in scalding hot water.. etc, etc... :D

Um that is the old Fatal1ty headset revision, the new one is not for sale in the US currently.

I stood corrected, and then I was proven correct. I love when that happens and I don't even plan for it.

^_^

i did not even know the old revision was even being sold in the US...walmart may have it but it is not listed anywhere else even on the creative website

So what do we have now?

Fatal1ty Motherboard
Fatal1ty Sound Card
Fatal1ty Video Card
Fatal1ty Case
Fatal1ty Headsets
Fatal1ty Mouse
Fatal1ty Heatsinks

What is needed:

Fatal1ty Optical Drive
Fatal1ty hard drive
Fatal1ty Keyboard
Fatal1ty Monitor
Fatal1ty Processor
Fatal1ty Memory

Then the Fatal1ty circle will be complete.

lol at above because everyone needs a complete Fatal1y computer don't forget a chair and desk though!

On another note where is the Creative rep with the "clarification" to our questions about it not being sold in the U.S.

X-FI driver support has pretty much ruled out me purchasing anything from Creative. Not trying to start sht, but I think Creative should know what their customers are thinking.

Not like they'd care though.

Back