• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Some basic air cooling questions...

Joined
Feb 5, 2007
Messages
118
I know the experts on this forum will evolve me into the enlightened air cooling one in 1-2 replies for my novice questions.

Q1. What is the difference between Core1/Core2 temperatures and the CPU temperature? Q2. Are there pins for connecting these thermal probes to, say, a fan controller or are they within the 3 pin CPU fan connector?

Q3. I have a Thermalright 120 Extreme on my E6600 (Stock 2.4GHz for now) with Scythe 120mm fan running full speed.
The CPU temperature is 50oC idle. Core temperatures are 34-37oC. All other fans are working as normal.
I have my system in a Gigabyte triton case - it is a little cramped about the case (about 6" to walls about)
I have AS5 thermal paste (I only used a very small 3-4mm diameter blob onto CPU), and the heat sink is screwed as tight as it can go onto the plate (It does move ever so slightly).
Should the temps be this high? Ambient room ~20oC. I see others with mid 30's temperatures - are they talking core temp or CPU temp? What's the difference?:confused:

Thanks everyone.
 
Back
Top