SOLVED! (Was: "When should I start to worry?")

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoxTek

The Geek Redneck
UPDATE: Seller has responded and sent me tracking info. I'll close this thread when it arrives. Thanks!

UPDATE 2: My item arrived safely and in working condition. In my eyes this has been resolved and the seller made good on his word. I wouldn't hesitate to deal with him again in the future. :)

I bought a GTX 660 from a member here last weekend. Paid in full via PayPal, but like a dumbass I used the 'Send funds to Friends and Family' so he wouldn't have any fees taken out.

He's been a member here since 2009 with a little under 1,000 total posts.

He messaged me Sunday night, verified he received payment, and said he had to get boxes Monday and that it would go out Tuesday at the latest and that he would keep me updated with shipping info.

I never want to be 'that guy' - you know, the one who loses his shit if I don't get shipping information the minute it was promised, but it's now been nearly a week since I paid and four days since the seller said it would ship. I messaged him yesterday afternoon politely apologizing for being a bother, and politely asking if he had shipped it and had a tracking number. No response whatsoever and he has been on the forum at least once since then with the latest seen time being at around 8:45 this morning. That's a huge red flag in my opinion... even if you lied about when you shipped it at least reply and let me know you're taking action. :(

Am I being an impatient jerk here? Worrying too much?

Last edited:
There is no excuse for not communicating with a buyer. Communication is everywhere these days in the world. I'm not sure what started all this "You pay my Paypal" fees thing here. It is very annoying, to say the least. If push comes to shove and you really want the item. Pay the fees and send the proper payment. No crappy Friends and family or gift payments. I would open a dispute immediately with the seller. It takes literally 1 minute to log in and update the buyer if a problem has happened or give tracking information.

Last edited:
I would file a claim if you can...no communication is red flag and that person would never see another penny from me....there are ZERO excuses for 5 or more days passing and not giving updates to your buyer

The user is Jbort1984

I can't really file a claim seeing as I sent the funds as a F&F gift - I guess that's my own fault. I wanted to avoid him having to pay Paypal fees. I usually do that with [H] members out of courtesy and haven't been burned in over 15 years. I guess there's a first time for everything... bummer.

Maybe it's just a misunderstanding. I hope so...

upload_2018-2-10_13-35-10.png upload_2018-2-10_13-36-30.png

He was seen this morning. Jbort1984 we need some feedback from you here on what is going on.

Jbort1984
Gawd

Jbort1984 was last seen:
Today at 9:42 AM

Depending on the price you paid, you could have just added 4 or 5 bucks to the PayPal payment and it would have covered the fees he would have had to pay.

I never send as a gift due to circumstances like this!!!! I will ONLY send gift payments to people I have dealt with several time and know that they are great traders/sellers.

Seeing as how this member has a very low Heatware count, (https://www.heatware.com/u/74189/to) I wouldn't have even considered gifting the payment!!!!!!

Hope it works out for you!

I often send and receive money F&F here as well. So far no issue.
He’s got 8 years on the forum and I’d have trusted him too.

Jbort1984

Where you at?

Although the lack of communication does suck, I figure people really out to scam would go for a much higher dollar amount.

Why try to scam someone over a GTX 660? That's not worth the time or money.

Hope it works out!

Depending on the price you paid, you could have just added 4 or 5 bucks to the PayPal payment and it would have covered the fees he would have had to pay.

Oh that wild and wacky hindsight!

I never send as a gift due to circumstances like this!!!! I will ONLY send gift payments to people I have dealt with several time and know that they are great traders/sellers.

Seeing as how this member has a very low Heatware count, (https://www.heatware.com/u/74189/to) I wouldn't have even considered gifting the payment!!!!!!

I'd like to think I'm fairly particular about who I deal with. My pre-requisites are either a sizable tenure here at the forum (again, he's been here since 2009) -OR- a Heatware profile with a decent number of positive feedback that goes back at least a few years. If this is the only time in 15+ years I'll get burned, then I'll eat it and continue dealing the same way I always have. Maybe just slightly more cautiously next time. I'd like to think it brings me good karma...

I'm a little late the party . I want to apologize to the op We had a small house / garage fire and should have gotten in touch sooner but your card is on it's way will be there Thursday your tracking info is 9505-5122-6881-8044-1740-83 was shipped USPS priority 2 day. Again very sorry for the extended delay I never mentioned for it to take me this long to get you your purchase.

I'm a little late the party . I want to apologize to the op We had a small house / garage fire and should have gotten in touch sooner but your card is on it's way will be there Thursday your tracking info is 9505-5122-6881-8044-1740-83 was shipped USPS priority 2 day. Again very sorry for the extended delay I never mentioned for it to take me this long to get you your purchase.

Thank you! I hope I didn't make you angry with this post, but I had no communication from you since making the purchase over a week ago and I was beginning to get quite concerned. Thanks for getting it shipped out, I'll let you know when it gets here.

Sorry to hear about the house fire, I hope everyone is ok. :(

Everyone is ok happened when we were all awat at school/work. I'm very sorry but totally understand the reasoning for making this post. Trust me this part of the forums is the last place I want my name to show up. But I understand why it did. Just hope no one hold this error on me on a future transaction.

I just went to check the tracking number i gave you on here and i dont know if it was my phone and auto correct or what but the tracking number i emailed you from paypal is the correct tracking nu,ber not the one listed above.
9505512168818044174083 this is the correct tracking info still shows for delivery today feb 15th

I'm very sorry but totally understand the reasoning for making this post. Trust me this part of the forums is the last place I want my name to show up. But I understand why it did. Just hope no one hold this error on me on a future transaction.

Once I get the item and all I'll be sure to update the original post letting everyone know you made good on the sale and everything is ok. :)

Just one last update. My item finally arrived and although the start of this deal was a bit rocky, the seller made good on the deal in the end and I wouldn't hesitate to deal with him again in the future.
I hope there are no hard feelings. I have edited the original post in this thread, putting the original text in spoiler tags and relating the fact that he made good on shipping the item once all was said and done. I've also left him positive Heatware feedback. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back