Solution: Windows XP Power Save/Screen Saver Not Working

Adam

[H]ard|Gawd
Okay so I've had a weird problem. It started with my old machine about a month ago. The screen saver and power saver options would not work. Now we've all had this happen, sometimes re-applying the settings works. But for the life of me, couldn't get it working.

I recently built a new PC a few weeks ago. SAME problem with the screen saver. I know some people have optical mice this happens to. Well I disconnected my wired optical and my wired keyboard, and my colored mouse pad and my entire USB hub actually. NO GOOD.

Well I sat back looked at my PC and thought "hey I wonder if my Guitar Hero 3 controller is doing it," I know the controller has built in tilt sensors, maybe it was constantly thinking I was tilting it and sending info to the PC.

Well I disconnected the GH3 controller and PRESTO, the screen saver kicked in followed by my monitor turning off after my settings.

Wow, who woulda thought.

So a heads up to those of you with the GH3 controllers plugged into your computer and having screen saver/power mode issues, DISCONNECT IT when you are finished with it.

Hope this helps out those of you who were frustrated like me.

Back