Solution for those expensive cables. (Component, Composite)

FrothyByte

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey everyone, I don't know if you have heard about this or not but Kevin Rose from the old Screen Savers on Tech TV has spun off and started his own show called Systm (http://www.systm.org).

On the latest show he has a broadcast engineer walk through the steps of making your own high quality (custom lenght) cables on the cheap.

Anyhow, head over to Systm's site and check it out. One of the older episodes is also about MythTV.

Good wire and connectors are not cheap either, You can easily spend as much as you would just buying a "boutique" speaker cable, though you will end up with much better quality per dollar doing it yourself. I make all my own cables but thats because I do it for my job anyways so I have the tools.

Bighitter said:
Good wire and connectors are not cheap either, You can easily spend as much as you would just buying a "boutique" speaker cable, though you will end up with much better quality per dollar doing it yourself. I make all my own cables but thats because I do it for my job anyways so I have the tools.

qft. i figured that by the time i bought the canare crimping tool, wire, connectors, paid shipping and spent my actual time building them, i might as well order them from bluejeans...

Back