Soltek 3901-300P (Socket939) Overclocking?

OriginalOCer

Limp Gawd
Hello,

I am wondering if anyone has got a Soltek 3901-300P and have overclocked it... I need to know if you were able to reach 250FSB or not and it's kind of urgent.

The deal is I can get one for super cheap (like really cheap), but if it can't overclock worth a damn, then I'll just get a SN95G5. I read reviews and stuff and some people were unable to get past 220FSB, while other hit 240-250FSB. This leads me to believe that the reviews that couldn't get past 220FSB were doing something wrong (not adjusting the HTT multiplier or running the memory at the wrong timings or something) so I wanted to check with actual owners of a 3901 to see waht they can get.

peace,
OriginalOCer

p.s. the 3901 uses the K8T800 Pro, so it has a AGP/PCI lock... that's why I couldn't imagine it being limited to 220FSB. ALSO don't worry about cooling, I am NOT using the stock (and crappy) cooling solution.

Stefan.C said:
did you change your HTT multi from 5x to 4x or even 3x?

Dude... seriously... you need to re-read my post a little more carefully.

I don't own one... I want to know if people who DO own one have gotten to (or near) 250FSB. Thanks for the bump though ; )

peace,
OriginalOCer

I'm not sure if this is too late or not, but I DO have a 3901 and it overclocks ok. I could hit 250fsb, but would fail prime95 after about 1min. Lowering the fsb would lengthen the time until prime95 would fail. I finally found a sweet spot at 230 for now. I think one of the other chips is getting hot and have added some heatsinks, but I haven't had time to retry.

I've seen other people that you been able to have a stable overlclock at higher speeds though.

Back