• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

solid state hard drive, when to come?

Solid state disks have been around for a long time. I guess your question might be, "When will they be affordable to me?", and the answer to that is "Who knows?".


I'm also curious how Samsung got around the limited amount of writes available on the flash disk. I realise there are certain distributions of linux that are optimized to flash drive use so that writes are minimized, but how will this work on Windows machines that are constantly writing to a flash disk? Seems to me this drive wouldn't last more than a year with a Windows OS on it, unless they are using some new technology that the article doesn't mention, as they seem to be using regular NAND Flash memory.
 
Back
Top