Solid State Drive Windows Experience Index Score question.

s1ngular

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 28, 2003
Messages
132
Hey guys, I just upgraded my cpu from a i7 920 to a i7 x990 and when I re-ran the test my intel ssd wei score went from 7.2 to 5.9?

(Running Window 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit.)

What am I missing here?

Thanks.
 
Last edited:
What am I missing here?

WEI is a horribly inaccurate benchmark. Use AS SSD or similar and compare that to what other people get for your drive. If you can not find benchmarks online for you drive take that to the "Data Storage Systems" forum and post your question there..
 
I believe that the score will never go higher than 5.9 if you're using a mechanical hard drive.

Do you have more than one drive installed in your computer? Like an SSD and an HDD? And if so, do you happen to have Windows installed on the HDD? And if so, did you happen to boot onto that drive? ;) I know that's a crazy long shot, but I'm just trying to think of reasons why the score dropped.

But yeah, WEI is not a good way to get benchmarks in the first place. It's part marketing tool, part basic way of letting non-technical people know that they need to upgrade a certain part of their computer.

That said, it is very weird that the score dropped.
 
I believe that the score will never go higher than 5.9 if you're using a mechanical hard drive.

Do you have more than one drive installed in your computer? Like an SSD and an HDD? And if so, do you happen to have Windows installed on the HDD? And if so, did you happen to boot onto that drive? ;) I know that's a crazy long shot, but I'm just trying to think of reasons why the score dropped.

But yeah, WEI is not a good way to get benchmarks in the first place. It's part marketing tool, part basic way of letting non-technical people know that they need to upgrade a certain part of their computer.

That said, it is very weird that the score dropped.

I have an SSD, it's the one in my sig.
 
I have an SSD, it's the one in my sig.

Then you should find lots of benchmarks online to compare to your drive.. Time install AS SSD benchmark your drive then spend a few minutes with google or bing to find other benchmark results for your drive. There should be dozens on this site..
 
As worthless as WEI is as a benchmark it is a good indication that something is wrong if your score drops that drastically. Did any drivers change? Double check the driver for your drive controller and see if it is up to date or a generic driver.
 
Hey guys, I just upgraded my cpu from a i7 920 to a i7 x990 and when I re-ran the test my intel ssd wei score went from 7.2 to 5.9?

(Running Window 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit.)

What am I missing here?

Thanks.

Hi, s1ngular,

Do you have AHCI enabled? Just a thought.

Chuklr
 
Back
Top