Solid Laptop Recommendation?

Jon55

2[H]4U
I have a client who is looking to replace his work laptop. However, he's the type who abuses his machines, not on purpose but just on accident. It's not that he tries to be destructive, he's just a little careless. He currently has an older 2011/2012 Dell Inspiron, which has held up incredibly well - it's been accidentally dropped, banged up, etc. He likes that it has big mouse buttons because he can click on them easily/abusively.

The day has finally come, and it's stopped working (won't power on), so I'm looking for a replacement for him. It's only used for basic Microsoft Office and Internet use (YouTube is probably being the most intense thing), so it doesn't need anything fancy - it just needs to take a beating well. Plastic case is fine (preferred probably), as long as it's tough. I'm think an SSD would be good too (no moving parts). Price range is ~$400-500, which is low I know, but again the laptop isn't doing much in terms of work.

Last edited:
If Panasonic still makes them check their Toughbook series of Laptops. Very rugged, but the newer models might set you back a little more than your budget. You could try an older model since your clients demands aren't that high to save a few bucks.

Back