Solid Gold Porsche

HOLY CRAP!

According to the EnglishRussia page they used over 40 lbs of gold.

According to www.goldprice.org gold is US$925 an oz.

That's almost $600,000 in gold alone.

W

T

F

I can just about guarantee that the sort of person in Moscow who:

A. Could afford this kind of vehicle

B. Would have the audacity to actually have it made

is also the sort of person who watches Eastern Promises on BluRay every weekend and is hoping you will be stupid enough to key his car so he can take ten days to torture you to death for fun. For him it's not a matter of taste--it's a statement of power intended to send a clear message, one that any native Russian would understand and pay heed to.

For the American equivalent, if John Gotti parked his Caddy on the street outside a restaurant, would anyone be stupid enough to mess with it?

For the American equivalent, if John Gotti parked his Caddy on the street outside a restaurant, would anyone be stupid enough to mess with it?

Considering he is dead, that would be something to see. Although i'd probably take him out with the nearest weapon I could find being that he would be a zombie at that point and I don't really like zombies being around me.

never underestimate the stupidity of the average american...

goodness..id rather have a car that actually costs that much than cheeper one with gold painting. imagine how easly it is scratched.

People still bother with gold? That was like out in the 90's. It's all about the platinum now.

Considering he is dead, that would be something to see. Although i'd probably take him out with the nearest weapon I could find being that he would be a zombie at that point and I don't really like zombies being around me.

I'd better watch out--I'm sitting about 8 or 9 miles away from the federal prison hospital where he died. If zombies return to the scene of their death, he might take a little side trip to teach me some respect...

it looks like it's alot more than 40lb of gold considering gold is so ridiculously heavy.

Dude, its Russia.

You should know those Russians, I went to Russia for 2 months last summer for an exchange program. They are some crazy motherfuckers :D

Also, Moscow is one of the richest cities in the world, especially considering the oil spike. Much of Russia's entire wealth is condensed into the city of Moscow and something like 25 billionaires live there.

That's a Russian license plate. The "177" number on the right side of teh plate means that teh car is registered for Moscow's area.

In (formerly) Soviet Russia, Capitalism has been good to some? :eek:

In Soviet Russia, real example of power is plutonium Porsche ;)

Now that I read 40lbs of gold were used, I rescind my previous comment about polish/plating being lighter than paint - hypothetically, perhaps ...but not in this example! From the original pictures, you can see that stuff is thick enough to have relief and texture.

Oh, and the floormats? ...[H] needs a barfing smilie

i don't know which is sadder, the fact that he painted his car in gold or the fact that this is an old model now (997 is the latest carrera).

Back