Hi everyone!
Totally seduced by the prospect of the many ZFS worklogs and NAS around here, I finally took the plunge and ordered myself some part to build a full 12TB NAS (I already had the motherboard lying around, hence the decision to go with the 1366 architecture).
After some posting issues due to outdated BIOS and the Xeon CPU, I finally managed to get the machine to post stable. I had to install Windows 7 so I could get BIOS update (complicated story) but now, I am ready for Solaris.
I got the x86 - Text Install (479 MB) ISO from here:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/s...loads-sol11-168267.html?ssSourceSiteId=ocomen
Burned this to CD/DVD. When booting the machine, it loads up fine, asks Keyboard layout and Language, then in the menu it auto-picks : "1. Install Oracle Solaris" but then, all I get i this:
It just hangs there, doing nothing.
Anyone knows what's happening? My first time with this OS, and the documentation isn't very helpful.
Full system specs for help with troubleshooting:
CPU: Intel Xeon E5606
HS: CORSAIR CAFA50
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB
MOBO: MSI X58M (3.8 BIOS)
HDD: 6x Hitachi Deskstar 2TB
SSD: Kingston SSDNow V100 64GB
OS: Solaris Express 11
Thank you very much, I really appreciate any help you can give me!
Totally seduced by the prospect of the many ZFS worklogs and NAS around here, I finally took the plunge and ordered myself some part to build a full 12TB NAS (I already had the motherboard lying around, hence the decision to go with the 1366 architecture).
After some posting issues due to outdated BIOS and the Xeon CPU, I finally managed to get the machine to post stable. I had to install Windows 7 so I could get BIOS update (complicated story) but now, I am ready for Solaris.
I got the x86 - Text Install (479 MB) ISO from here:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/s...loads-sol11-168267.html?ssSourceSiteId=ocomen
Burned this to CD/DVD. When booting the machine, it loads up fine, asks Keyboard layout and Language, then in the menu it auto-picks : "1. Install Oracle Solaris" but then, all I get i this:
Please enter a number [1]: Aug 18 18:14:45 solaris in.routed[1531]: route 0.0.0.0/24 --> nexthop is not directly connected
It just hangs there, doing nothing.
Anyone knows what's happening? My first time with this OS, and the documentation isn't very helpful.
Full system specs for help with troubleshooting:
CPU: Intel Xeon E5606
HS: CORSAIR CAFA50
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB
MOBO: MSI X58M (3.8 BIOS)
HDD: 6x Hitachi Deskstar 2TB
SSD: Kingston SSDNow V100 64GB
OS: Solaris Express 11
Thank you very much, I really appreciate any help you can give me!