• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Software update for Cisco Nexus 3000 Switch

Hammer!

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 25, 2011
Messages
161
Hi, would anyone know how I can get the most recent software for this switch? It's currently running 6.0(2)U3(4) which is close to 10 years old!

Thank you!
 

Attachments

  • 1704512040535.gif
    1704512040535.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 0
Well there are a lot of Nexus 3K versions out there, what model (I'd guess there were newer versions available, but can depend on the model.


The correct way to do it is have a cisco service contract, then go to software.cisco.com and download the appropriate software.
 
Thanks. It’s a Nexus N3K-C3048TP-1GE 48P 1GbE 4P SFP+ Switch. Yeah, I had read Cisco will provide security patches for free, but that doesn’t seem to be the case, I don’t have a service contract, unfortunately…
 
Thanks for the heads up. Yeah, I was trying to save a few bucks…a fully updated one on eBay is around $150 so not sure if a service contract makes sense.

From what I can gather, I first need to update to Release 6.0(2)U6(10) and then to the most recent 9.3 release.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top