Software to manage schedules

mathieumg

n00b
Hi, my aunt and uncle are responsible to get/manage volunteers for a large-scale youth sporting event taking place next month. My aunt told me she was tired of managing the schedules with Microsoft Excel and asked me if there was a better, more-adapted, way to do it.

I did some research and found tons of employee scheduling/managing software, but most of them cost something. As this is a non-profit organization, it needs to be free software (or at least free for non-profit organizations).

There are 27 competition sites, hundreds of volunteers (some have restrictions, physical or situational. E.g need a wheelchair ramp or cannot volunteer on a specific date.) and the competition spans a week and a half.

I need a free software that can manage this without too much trouble and allows for the easy printing of schedules for the different volunteers. From her email "I would like a software that can sort volunteers by their disponibility, site preference and city preference". Note that the event's 27 sites are spread over a few cities. So if a volunteer cannot get the exact site he asked for, it would be good if he could at least be assigned to a site in the same city.

I found "Lantiv Timetabler", It's free and seems nice. I played a bit with it and I'm not totally sure of how it works, nor if it can do what I want at all. Has anyone ever heard of it or used it before? Can you enlighten me?

If you know a good alternative that can do what is required and is free, do not hesitate to reply!

Thanks a lot in advance.

Last edited:
Back