Software to help manage MP3's?

Deadsexy

Limp Gawd
Does anyone know of some good software that would help me manage my music files? I have a lot of misc stuff in different places on my music drive and the thought of doing it all by hand doesnt fill my with joy lol. Not sure anything even exists for what I am looking to do but figured I'd ask.

Thanks in advance for any help

I love iTunes, but it does one thing that drives me mad.

The way it handles compilation albums is horrible.

If I take my album, say called "25 years o great blues artists", and bring it in to iTunes, instead of showing it as one album it shows dozens of albums by dozens of artists. It makes a mess of my library in album view.

I think the biggest issue is it breaks things up based on Album Artist instead of Album Name, and I see no way to change this.

WMP 11 does it properly.

An examle is Arron Neville's "The Grand Tour". Track 6 never shows up with the album (in album browse view) because the album artist is listed as "Arron Neville/Linda Rhondstat" instead of just "Arron Neville".

Yes, you can manually use the tag editor to either change the names, or use the "Compilation" option, but when you are dealing with hundreds of albums, and 25% or so are compilation albums, it's a friggin nightmare.

This is the primary reason I use wmp 11 instead of itunes. I only use iTunes to sync my iPods.

Back