Software to cap my download speed...

techie81

[H]ard for [H]ardware
Yes, thats right I need something that caps my download speed so I can download/browse all at one time. Let me explain. I have a CRAPPY sbc DSL connection that maxes out at 200Kbs, which means if Im download something @ 200kbs I cannot do anything else ie; play DOD:S or even browse webpages without being kicked/very slow browsing. Is there an extension for firefox or a third party app that will help me?

Netlimiter 2 Pro. Helps when I want to run utorrent, and cap it so web browsing and other apps are still servicable. Well worth the purchase price.

DevilDoc said:
Netlimiter 2 Pro. Helps when I want to run utorrent, and cap it so web browsing and other apps are still servicable. Well worth the purchase price.
Er.... you know utorrent has built in limit setting right?

^^
bought the software before utorrent came out. and even though you can set a cap in utorrent , it still sometimes has a mind of it's own

DevilDoc said:

Looks to be a great program, but do you know of anything that is free? Thanks DevilDoc.

Back