software calibration

No program will calibrate a monitor for you. You have to make the adjustments yourself. Given that fact, I can't guess what it is you really want.

Do you want to do color calibration?

Do you want to see some test patterns so you can do the calibrations manually? Try this: http://www.construnet.hu/nokia/Monitors/TEST/monitor_test.html.

Do you want to alter the timings of your video signal? PowerStrip is a popular software tool for that.

yeah, thats what i mean. also are there any places that rent colorimeters?

If you look in the yellow pages, you might find a professional camera shop that rents color calibration tools. I don't think it's a very common practice, though.

that is probably a bad and expensive idea. gas is so damn expensive too

are there any progs for color calibration?

i was thinking if there is a way to have a digicam act as a colorimeter. it could then be corrected to the digicam's error. could it?

hmm... said:
that is probably a bad and expensive idea. gas is so damn expensive too

are there any progs for color calibration?

i was thinking if there is a way to have a digicam act as a colorimeter. it could then be corrected to the digicam's error. could it?
If you want the most accurate calibration buy a Color Spyder. Pantone sells some different Color Spyders depending on how much you want to spend. If you want free, then try the Nokia Monitor Test.

Back