Soft Drink Label Designs

Status
Not open for further replies.

prometheuz

n00b
I'm currently working on soft drink labels and there are two directions being considered... check out the pic below and tell me which one you like better, along with any other relevant comments.. Thanks!!

labels.jpg

Those are really good. It's a hard decision, but if I had to choose I'd go with the left bottle label.

label on the right. The colors 'pop' more and the contrast attracts the eyes. The label on the left seems to blend in and not really stand out (IMO of course)

I am going to have to agree with the bottle on the right. I like how it has a little bit more color, but it isn't too bright and annoying.

It seems to stand out a little better

I agree with the one on the right. It does have more color that pops out.

Left. Right bottle graphic is too busy for the small size. The small purple bubbles and swirly graphics are hard to distinguish. If you could increase the size of the details on the right, it would be better though.

it might help to see the graphics flat (as they would be printed) rather than as a decal/texture...everything will be sharper and undistorted.

the details at the bottom of B are busy and a bit messy imo, and so i prefer A--but i would suggest an accent color (perhaps a bit more of that grey up top?) to set off the different values of a very similar red that dominate the label.

They're both good, but I like the one on the right a little better because of the more intricate illustration at the bottom.

The only improvement I'd suggest is use a slightly less analogous color scheme: use the less-lavender red tone of the left bottle with a brighter blue for the accents to add more contrast (I don’t like the similarity of the lavender and magenta tones).

Hmm... actually, I just decided I like the wave on top of the left one better, now that I'm looking. Maybe just use the colors and top wave-design from the left one with the bottom illustration from the right one - and brighten up that blue a little.

There's my 2¢.

I'd have to say, the bottle on the right. IMO The purple stands out, although the purple liquid portion looks like it is lacking some detail in comparison to its red counter-part.

The bottle on the right, while they are both good I think the one on the right is more proportional and as others have said, "pops" a little more with the contrast.

I personally think the right one is more eye catching. Another thing to consider if this is a serious project and product will be the coverage. That sort of coverage is going to require a considerably more expensive per unit (both on materials and application) heat shrink type label which is going to drive the final product costs up. If you can keep the label on the flat round part of the bottle both materials and application costs could be reduced significantly. I realize having it cover more of the bottle the way its designed now is more attractive but price points should also be considered. I only bring this up because I occasionally do prototype short runs of labels for packaging of new products like this.... The other catch to the right one though is the additional passes that will be needed for screen printing for the additional colors at the bottom. Again if production costs are a factor then the left design modified to fit the flat middle of the bottle would be the lowest cost.

I personally think the right one is more eye catching. Another thing to consider if this is a serious project and product will be the coverage. That sort of coverage is going to require a considerably more expensive per unit (both on materials and application) heat shrink type label which is going to drive the final product costs up. If you can keep the label on the flat round part of the bottle both materials and application costs could be reduced significantly. I realize having it cover more of the bottle the way its designed now is more attractive but price points should also be considered. I only bring this up because I occasionally do prototype short runs of labels for packaging of new products like this.... The other catch to the right one though is the additional passes that will be needed for screen printing for the additional colors at the bottom. Again if production costs are a factor then the left design modified to fit the flat middle of the bottle would be the lowest cost.

We've actually got the entire business plan/pro forma/pricing done so we're well aware of the additional cost of having a shrink sleeve. It's actually not all that bad though, initially we'll pay around 6 cents per label - I think it's well worth it to have a package that really stands out.

i like the one on the right better. the one on the left makes much more sense graphically to me, but the right just has more contrast. there are a few confusing things to my eye however. the first thing i noticed was the red on the bottom and top, sort of framing the magenta. it seems to be really dominating the magenta.
the "acai + pomegranate" seems out of place because of this.
i think its because the font is so different against the rest that it doesnt really create consistency to have it twice and backed by two different colors. maybe its just the red, it seems actually more saturated than the magenta.
the wave on the left should be on the right. the level of detail seems very unequal from top to bottom. also, the white border on the wave really helps with the colors on top and bottom dominating the rest. maybe you should put a white border on bottom too?
good luck, i will enjoy seeing this in stores regardless. :)

ah, one more think - another reason the the text at the top doesnt make sense to me is because the two pictures of fruit are sort of logos (im sure there is a more official graphic design term) meaning theyre somewhat in between informational and aesthetic text.
they should have the same black border as the vivi logo.

personally i might also reconsider the position, not only because what i said about the colors, but because it should sort of come off as the subtitle of the product as a whole, not just extra info.
anyway, all just my opinion.

Last edited:
A is the better, cleaner design, but the colours pop more in B.

Use the design from A with the colour scheme from B and you have a perfect label. :)

Right looks better. Not convinced by the Acai + Pomegranate illustration at the top, it seems redundant considering the information's mentioned elsewhere on the label and draws the focus from the better design lower down.

Are there going to be clear sections in the label? I can't tell if the pomegranate flesh and red swirls are that colour or are clear sections showing the drink through the label. I think the left label's wave effect is better too, maybe using that in conjunction with the right label and having the red section above it clear to give the top edge of the label a more distinctive look might be more visually arresting.

Second option looks more refined and the first one is kind of boring, does not pop out like the second one.

The one on the right hands down. But I would add the little wave from the other one that is above the name and also add that little curly q thing that's right under the promagrante. :D Either way if left untouched I choose B it's more tasty looking with the fruit and zestful flare on the bottom. :D

B looks good. I like the fruit explosion graphic at the bottom, it catches the eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back