SOCOM 4

unless it has serious improvements and changes in gameplay mechanics, the SOCOM series just doesnt interest me anymore. Its getting dated in terms of controls/gameplay/etc. I know we are getting spoiled by other "easier" modern war type games, but its hard to go back.

I really never got into confrontation.
 
From what I saw at GDC with the Playstation Move controller, it looks okay... but i'll have to see more. I haven't played the Socom series since the original I think.
 
The entire series went down fast after Socom 2. It's a shame because S1/S2 were probably my favorite console games ever.

It gets said a lot but it's true.
 
The entire series went down fast after Socom 2. It's a shame because S1/S2 were probably my favorite console games ever.

It gets said a lot but it's true.

QFT

I played Socom 1 and 2 for untold hours, but 3 was barely even playable to me..I might have played it for 10 hours after playing hundreds on 1 and 2.
Vehicles in socom does not make sense, this is all about stealth, tactical squad based combat..where does a tank fit into that equation? The maps were too big not to use a vehicle, so it just made the game nigh unplayable.

The ones after 3 were not much better - I never played the newest PS3 game, it may have been better but it was too late for me.
 
Back
Top