• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Socket P [New M] Heatsink compatibility / modding?

B

Borborygm

Guest
So I recently purchased this motherboard:

http://www.bcmcom.com/bcm_product_mx965gme.htm

The heatsink that comes with it looks like some chipset cooler from 2002. I will be overclocking, and want something that doesn't sound like a buzzsaw / will handle it. These mobile holes look similar to even the old AMD turion socket one holes. I was wondering if maybe there were HSFs with adjustable brackets for screw holes, sort of like that BEAST thermright [thermtake?] chipset cooler, OR if socket M/P just happens to be compatible with another platforms line of heatsinks via screws [775/ am3 / 1156 /etc?].

Anyways, thanks for any input you may have, this is very frustrating.
 
Back
Top