• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

socket F

robberbaron said:
Why? LGA775 does whatever Intel needs it to do for quite sometime.

Am I in a forighn land? (Inteland?) I am tallking about future amd (land) socket F here.
 
Err... by Socket "F" do you mean M2? That's the only socket they are planning on implementing in the next few years I think.
 
sethy2 said:
Am I in a forighn land? (Inteland?) I am tallking about future amd (land) socket F here.

The way you spell, it sure seems like you're speaking a foreign language.


So AMD has a new socket for Opteron. What's the big deal? Why start a thread with the attitude? Why not start with some constructive comments and/or information?
 
Araanor said:
He means the next Opteron socket. 1200-something pins, IIRC.

I mean, Is my Thunder (k8we) going to tweet next year or is my dual opteron mobo going futur proof me for some time?
 
Socket M2 - Athlon 64, FX, Opteron 100 - 940 pins

Socket F - Opteron 200, 800 - 1207 pins
 
sbrown23 said:
Socket M2 - Athlon 64, FX, Opteron 100 - 940 pins

Socket F - Opteron 200, 800 - 1207 pins

Wait, I thought the M2 was 1207 pins. Why are we going back to 940?

EDIT: Nevermind, I researched it.
 
sethy2 said:
Am I in a forighn land? (Inteland?) I am tallking about future amd (land) socket F here.


Oh right, because "Socket F" is so widely talked about and cared about.

I forgot that AMD is calling their 1207 pin socket that. I thought that the S1 was going to be the "server" socket, but it will be like a 658 pin mobile socket IIRC.

For some reason I remember Intel planning on making a Socket F. Whatever.
 
Back
Top