Socket C32

vraa

Gawd
Anyone try out the new mobos yet? How are they? How are the six cores? 2.8ghz is out of stock? Anyone know ETA?

Looking for dual socket C32, wait?

if anything i'd go G34 socket. go with the duel 8 core magny's. then you have an upgrade path for bulldozer. other plus is that it has quad channel DDR3 vs duel channel DDR3 on the C32.

what monkey said, if your going to drop money on a server setup, G34 is the better option

I thought JF-AMD mentioned there were would also be bulldozer parts for C32? But for a small bump in price the quad channel memory is nice.

I thought JF-AMD mentioned there were would also be bulldozer parts for C32? But for a small bump in price the quad channel memory is nice.

yeah they are but the question is where is the cut off. is it just going to be the 4 module 8 core bulldozers or will they also do the 8 module 16 core bulldozers. i'd rather spend the extra money on the G34 knowing that it will have a much longer upgrade path. i kind of worry that the C32 socket will turn into the LGA-1156 where it has a short life span and limited processor releases. but the quad channel DDR3 is by far the biggest reason i'd go with G34. the extra memory bandwidth is well worth the cost. i mean heck the magny cour clock for clock out performs the xeon's. only downfall is that they are limited to a very low clock speed where the 1000+ dollar xeons start taking the lead.

Back