Socket 940 & FX51 now or wait for Socket 939?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by burningrave101
He was claiming that over 5Ghz overclock over the summer around August. Was there a 3.2EE then? lol

Actually yes they were, just not to the consumer. Many of the guys at Xtreme (Its XtremeSystems.org, Not Extream as you put it) are able to procure pre release products and many of the boys at Xtreme are proficient at Overclocking, None of their scores or benchmarks are bogus. Sounds to me like your suffering from Overclockers envy.

You should think and research before you post your dribble, as you make yourself out to be an idiot.

burningrave, you are in wayyy over your head here

if you can't see how tom's is just over-commercialized junk and just in their business so they can get free stuff from intel then I just don't know what to say

except think about this:

if tom's overclock is the most valid one out there and everyone at xtremesytems is lying then why isn't tom on top of all the benchmark lists like 3dmark, pifast, etc.

there is nothing "WOW!" about tom and his articles at all. all of his hardware reviews are stale, poorly done and/or invalid. OMG! 5GHz! Tom does one of those every year about this time, and they all suck. If you think tom is all the sudden an overclocking god then you have so much to learn.

Originally posted by Silversink
Actually yes they were, just not to the consumer. Many of the guys at Xtreme (Its XtremeSystems.org, Not Extream as you put it) are able to procure pre release products and many of the boys at Xtreme are proficient at Overclocking, None of their scores or benchmarks are bogus. Sounds to me like your suffering from Overclockers envy.

You should think and research before you post your dribble, as you make yourself out to be an idiot.

I never said all the benchmarks on xtremesystems were skewed, what im saying is that you shouldn't believe all the benchmarks posted in forums because alot of the times its just people wanting recognition and anyone can figure out how to use programs to alter the results. I also find it very hard to believe that this person was able to get ahold of a 3.2EE long before its release or even anouncement.

Obviously, at different times we seek advice from other overclockers and the information and advice they provide must be taken with a little bit of good faith; benchmarks must be viewed the same way. Benchmarks were faked long before this type of software became available and will continue to be faked by some people; however this just makes life a great deal easier.

http://www.overclockers.com/articles444/

I'm also not pro-tomshardware ither. I'm basing what im saying off common knowledge and the fact i chat with some of the reviewers on toms on a daily basis online. I'm also not stateing the 5GHz overclock is the fastest possible overclock out there. I just dont believe the majority of high end overclocks that get posted on forums because of lack of proof.

I've been hanging around XtremeSystems fourms for a while now and alot of them have extreame cooling equipment and look at their 3DMark scores, you saying they are fake also? You will find they mod most of their stuff to give them no less then 3.3v on the DIMM's some go even higher!!

Originally posted by Dazz
I've been hanging around XtremeSystems fourms for a while now and alot of them have extreame cooling equipment and look at their 3DMark scores, you saying they are fake also? You will find they mod most of their stuff to give them no less then 3.3v on the DIMM's some go even higher!!

I'm not saying some of them didn't get some great overclocks. I'm just saying if theres some proof other then just benchmarks or something you can't easily edit in photoshop then i would be alot closer to believeing it. Read the article i posted from overclockers.com.

I'm not saying some of them didn't get some great overclocks. I'm just saying if theres some proof other then just benchmarks or something you can't easily edit in photoshop then i would be alot closer to believeing it. Read the article i posted from overclockers.com.

why would someone doctor a cpuid screenshot?
I'm not saying it hasn't been done, but the whole purpose of those screenshots with the cpu-z of the mem, prime torture test, sandra bandwidth, 3dmark01 scores, they are all just educational tools. screenshots are not bragging rights, they are how we (enthusiasts) compare and learn about our hardware. That's what [H], xtremesystems, and any other place is about.

and about those overclockers articles you are linking to, I like Ed and his articles. He is a talented writer. But they are only reading material, don't take them so literally. Many times they are controversial, and very subjective at best. Get a grip dude.

Please tell me how you can Photoshop a compare URL on madonion. Better yet, give me a score of 40k in 2k1 that I can log into and compare with since you seem to think that everything is fake and you're all knowing.

You sir, are a fucktard.

Stop stating with utter certianty every single piece of text that comes off of your keyboard, you do not know everything about hardware and obviously have a grudge of some sort against someone. Toms has been known many times in the past to have benches that didn't meet up with the rest of the crop, but then again so have others. Irregardless, generally most enthusiasts don't look so highly upon his reviews. And I agree with their position, but that is just my opinion. Get a better sampling of things before you go making a final say on anything, it really helps round out the results. One website may have had something off during their testing which will alter results.

And as for toms having 4.7ghz stable, that's fantastic but.. where are the benches to back that up? I'm not saying that it's a lie, but I'd like to see how fast it would run, and I'm sure they know that most would as well. Makes me wonder.

Originally posted by snowwie
I'm not saying it hasn't been done, but the whole purpose of those screenshots with the cpu-z of the mem, prime torture test, sandra bandwidth, 3dmark01 scores, they are all just educational tools. screenshots are not bragging rights, they are how we (enthusiasts) compare and learn about our hardware. That's what [H], xtremesystems, and any other place is about.

and about those overclockers articles you are linking to, I like Ed and his articles. He is a talented writer. But they are only reading material, don't take them so literally. Many times they are controversial, and very subjective at best. Get a grip dude.

Exactly, he's acting like a childish zealot in every sense of the word.

Originally posted by snowwie

Why would someone tell somebody that they could dunk in highschool when they really coudn't even touch the net?

Its called bragging rights.

And the only reason i am backing tomshardware is cause of the recent Intel vs AMD article. I've seen several reviews lately on the new A64's from different sites and they are all saying pretty much the same thing. An overclocked P4 performs as well or better then then an overclocked 3000+ or 3200+ in 32bit applications. The FX-51 also doesn't perform nearly as well as its price. I should of never said anything in the Strictly AMD section because i should of known i would of gotten AMD bias remarks.

And why the hell would i be saying all this because im jealous? lol Thats just another stupid comment from someone that thinks i actually care about their overclock they were able to get. I've gotten Pentium 4's all over 3.6Ghz on aircooling and i've even tried a hand at a couple Athlon XP's lately but that doesn't mean i care anything about sporting my benchmark scores. I realize thats not much of an overclock compared to what they get on xtremesystems but for aircooling and performance its more then enough for me and most any other user. If i wanted to blow all that money on phaze change cooling i could probably do that too but its just not my thing.

I'll try to refrain from starting flame wars like this in the future :D.

Man you'll never catch me hanging out at the xtremesystems.org place. :D

I think all those guys are in cahoots with futuremark and pay them to fake ORB results!! I mean how else could there be so many Xtremesystem.org names up top, if they arent cheating somehow??

I mean benchmarks arent enough for me either!!!

PS http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=1235

INTEL [email protected] non "EE" CAN EAT MY 2200MHZ A64'S AS*!!!!!

TOM IS 110% INTEL BAISED!!! and TOM'S HW can "NEVER MATCH" xtremesystems.org or the Jap's that do there "TRUE" BENCHMARKABLE" 5ghz+ P4 overclocks..

this site is the biggest joke in the world band me I could care less anyone who comes here for the truth about "REAL HW" is a moron...

AS FOR ALL THAT CAN'T FIND A GOOD A64 MOBOB

"COUGH" 280mhz 1:1 2-2-2-5 just done by stinger hitting "30,000" in 3dmark with yes "A64" NOT p4ee NOT fx51..

YOU ALL WILL NEVER BE IN THE LEAGUE WE LIVE IN EVER.. GIVE IT UP!!!!

OWNAGE!!! 2200mhz 220x10 with 9800pro :0

LMFAO to all the 4ghz+ P4 users

12345.GIF

Originally posted by qwerty57
INTEL [email protected] non "EE" CAN EAT MY 2200MHZ A64'S AS*!!!!!

TOM IS 110% INTEL BAISED!!! and TOM'S HW can "NEVER MATCH" xtremesystems.org or the Jap's that do there "TRUE" BENCHMARKABLE" 5ghz+ P4 overclocks..

this site is the biggest joke in the world band me I could care less anyone who comes here for the truth about "REAL HW" is a moron...

AS FOR ALL THAT CAN'T FIND A GOOD A64 MOBOB

"COUGH" 280mhz 1:1 2-2-2-5 just done by stinger hitting "30,000" in 3dmark with yes "A64" NOT p4ee NOT fx51..

YOU ALL WILL NEVER BE IN THE LEAGUE WE LIVE IN EVER.. GIVE IT UP!!!!

OWNAGE!!! 2200mhz 220x10 with 9800pro :0

LMFAO to all the 4ghz+ P4 users

qwerty57 ease up on the rage. You do realize that are a lot of p4 users in your own forum along with me!!!! Your score is truely godlike. I have 10 amd rigs in my house and one intel and i wear AMD underwear, you have convinced me!!!

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=1235

big props burninggrave, it seems youve managed to make a fool of yourself in front of both [H]ard and Xtremesystems (thanks for correcting that spelling silversink)

Originally posted by Tedinde
qwerty57 ease up on the rage. You do realize that are a lot of p4 users in your own forum along with me!!!! Your score is truely godlike. I have 10 amd rigs in my house and one intel and i wear AMD underwear, you have convinced me!!!

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=1235
lol. quite true about backing it down a notch.

however i do quite agree with him on the P4 issue. I myself had a 3.66ghz intel setup and it can't touch these new A64 overclocked rigs. all the benchies i'm seeing point to 4ghz intels also not being able to keep up.

i personally don't see any reason to go with a intel + extreme cooling for 4+ghz when you can get a A64 with moderate overclock on good aircooling and match or beat the vastly more expensive intel setup.

Your account has been activated but you are currently in the moderation queue to be added to the forum.

How long before i can post on xtreme? lol

I wanna say something so that i can be done with this childish flame war.

lol weve already got a thread awaiting your gracious reply

My 3.2 died in the middle of the night. I shall have to dust my windowsill for a qwerty57 midnight assaination of any P4 chip that can take down his amd64!!!:D

But i've ordered my amd64 chip an hour ago. Just scratching my head on which board.

Me and qwerty57 will oWnZ you all soon!!!!!!

oh i will see if i can rush your application along!!!! be right back!!!!!

Make sure you cofirmed in your email link for sign up. PM me if any problems!!!!!

or @ [email protected]

dam you guys found me out by the email. a dam spy!!!!

You were wrong? :p

NOOO dont get me wrong Im just backing up the "PERFORMANCE" of the A64 CPU as that one guy is saying the P4 walks all over it thus more tom's intel loving. :)

I rememeber "TOMS GIGABYTE GZ-7VRXP" review.. they stated 100% that out of all of the kt333 mobo's tested it has the 1/5th didver, but still till this day it was never implemented on that mobo... lies,lies,lies.. why do it???

yeah some are jeloius like this guy I guess so they back efforts by the rest of the world as fakes.lies/cheats..

then some lie/cheat/fake to make there site more 'ATTRACTIVE'

come on the "WARP2SEARCH" link to the so called WR in cpu speed when the JAP had a 5ghz+ run screeny "WHILE RUNNING THE WR IN SUPER PI 1M :)"

I hate the losers that cant be truthful and honest and just respect the goals and acheviments of others and if they hate a site downsize that site to make another look better..

Originally posted by qwerty57
NOOO dont get me wrong Im just backing up the "PERFORMANCE" of the A64 CPU as that one guy is saying the P4 walks all over it thus more tom's intel loving. :)

I rememeber "TOMS GIGABYTE GZ-7VRXP" review.. they stated 100% that out of all of the kt333 mobo's tested it has the 1/5th didver, but still till this day it was never implemented on that mobo... lies,lies,lies.. why do it???

yeah some are jeloius like this guy I guess so they back efforts by the rest of the world as fakes.lies/cheats..

then some lie/cheat/fake to make there site more 'ATTRACTIVE'

come on the "WARP2SEARCH" link to the so called WR in cpu speed when the JAP had a 5ghz+ run screeny "WHILE RUNNING THE WR IN SUPER PI 1M :)"

I hate the losers that cant be truthful and honest and just respect the goals and acheviments of others and if they hate a site downsize that site to make another look better..

Yeah i bought a board once over toms review, he had the only review of the ASUS p4t 533C, Xtremeoverclocking board on the box. he got a hot engineeing board.

Mine had a max of 150fsb if i remember, no pci lock, and no 1mhz at a time and 1.65v.

I've had ECS boards with better specs!!!! ASUS and TOM forever in love!!!!

Originally posted by novagamer192
You were wrong? :p

No, im not wrong lol. I was never comparing the performance of an overclock A64 on phase change cooling. Im comparing the performance of the A64's vs. Pentium IV's on normal aircooling and what their potential is.

I was wrong to make such a blunt point that all the benchmarks on xtremesystems were fake although that really wasn't what i said. I said that its easy to create bogus benchmarks and i've seen quite a few in the past. That said i never meant to be bashing on xtreme i just got fet up with some of the amd fanboy comments when i was trying to make a point and to the members of xtreme im sorry. I'm more used to overclocks on aircooling and watercooling and havn't ever gotten into phase change so my exptertise is very minimal. I dont back tomshardware, only the reviews i deem to be accurate. Tomshardware is only one of the 30 sites i frequent daily.

I would like to see toms have some new reviewers though because tomshardware is the #1 hardware site visited on the internet. That doesn't mean its the best though. That doesn't mean all their articles are bias ither because their vga roundup showed the ATI cards winning every benchmark and they overclocked their FX-51 to 2.8GHz which is pretty good for what the rest of the hardware sites are getting (xtremesystems excluded lol).

and to the members of xtreme im sorry. I'm more used to overclocks on aircooling and watercooling and havn't ever gotten into phase change so my exptertise is very minimal. I

good enough for me :)

was wrong to make such a blunt point that all the benchmarks on xtremesystems were fake although that really wasn't what i said. I said that its easy to create bogus benchmarks and i've seen quite a few in the past. That said i never meant to be bashing on xtreme i just got fet up with some of the amd fanboy comments when i was trying to make a point and to the members of xtreme im sorry. I'm more used to overclocks on aircooling and watercooling and havn't ever gotten into phase change so my exptertise is very minimal. I dont back tomshardware, only the reviews i deem to be accurate. Tomshardware is only one of the 30 sites i frequent daily.

I forgive too!!! Your welcome @ xtremesystems burningrave101, dont think your not. We welcome all. The more the merrier.

long as you dont ask which MB or CPU, that belongs here!!!

Nevermind, im not going to bother posting what i had thought up to say on xtreme because thats just a flame war waiting to happen lol. I'll let them say whatever they want.

I made the mistake of choosing tomshardware in the fact i know some of the reviewers online and it was the only articles i could find comparing the processors overclocked.

Next time i'll choose Anandtech or one of the others as my basis of arguement and maybe the thread will be alot more flame retardant.

A whiny AMD fanboy posts this link on xtremesystems and i start getting flamed out both ends and i try to get the members of tomshardware interested in posting their opinions since they have so many Intel vs AMD threads yet none of them are interested. This is definatley the last time i start a war with tomshardware as my weapon even if the review was accurate.

No flame war there, It's dropped!!! Guaranteed and they will all welcome you!! you will see.

The guys there are on a whole new subject in that post, Guess we have Adult ADD there!!!! hehe:D

Dam i better post more before STEvil has a bigger post Overclock than me.

Course i could probably just photochop my post count!!!!

Dont tell anyone please!!!

lol.

I get maybe 5 posts a day in the car audio section.. havent posted anywhere else for quite a whilel

No, im not wrong lol. I was never comparing the performance of an overclock A64 on phase change cooling. Im comparing the performance of the A64's vs. Pentium IV's on normal aircooling and what their potential is.

I was wrong to make such a blunt point that all the benchmarks on xtremesystems were fake although that really wasn't what i said. I said that its easy to create bogus benchmarks and i've seen quite a few in the past. That said i never meant to be bashing on xtreme i just got fet up with some of the amd fanboy comments when i was trying to make a point and to the members of xtreme im sorry. I'm more used to overclocks on aircooling and watercooling and havn't ever gotten into phase change so my exptertise is very minimal. I dont back tomshardware, only the reviews i deem to be accurate. Tomshardware is only one of the 30 sites i frequent daily.

(xtremesystems excluded lol).

You did say that the overclocks on extream were fake and edited your posts.

And if you guys want to be ignornant and believe all those scores and overclocks on extream systems then go ahead lol. But if you knew what you were doing you would know a photochop when you seen it.

Sometimes they can be edited pixel by pixel perfectly ands its near impossible to tell.

I think i'd believe something off a reputable hardware site as being true and not a fake photochop before i'd believe everything i seen on a forums based site with a bunch of end users trying to make their epenis look bigger then it really is.

Yesterday this thread was pretty dead. If i've learned one thing its that if you wanna get a thread heated up you have to bash on other sites and then wait for the fanboys to run and tell lol j\k.

I know you guys joke about Photochopping like it doesn't happen. Im sure now that alot of those overclocks on xtreme on genuine but theres alot on other sites that are not. Being that i've never been on xtreme much i had no idea people were getting overclocks like that on LN2 and other phase change cooling because i dont hear of it much on forums like Hard where i frequent.

All i can say is thank god i didn't mention photochopping on other sites besides xtreme or i might have had to went into protective custody.

Originally posted by skratch
You did say that the overclocks on extream were fake and edited your posts.

And if you guys want to be ignornant and believe all those scores and overclocks on extream systems then go ahead lol. But if you knew what you were doing you would know a photochop when you seen it.

Sometimes they can be edited pixel by pixel perfectly ands its near impossible to tell.

I think i'd believe something off a reputable hardware site as being true and not a fake photochop before i'd believe everything i seen on a forums based site with a bunch of end users trying to make their epenis look bigger then it really is.

Whats your point scratch? I said that for the most part alot of extreme overclocks that people claim are fakes as noted to post claims i have seen before. I dont frequent xtreme so i didn't know that alot of people were getting such nice overclocks on extreme cooling.

And photochops can be made perfectly and unable to tell the difference so unless you have something thats "fake proof" then its impossible to tell unless you just trust the person or site.

I already apologized for the bashing on xtreme because i was unaware and i didn't change anything in my posts unless i mispelled something or meant to say something from the start. I dont go back and change shit afterwords to make it sound different. Sometimes i just have a poor choice of words.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back