Socket 939 cooler

Djee

n00b
Im looking for a good cooler for my Socket 939 board. I was thinking about buying Thermaltake Silent Tower (CL-P0025). Its huge and it looks very good but is it any good?
Any other cooler (the cooler must looks good btw) you guys could recommend me ?

depends on how much noise the user wants and how much cooling power they need

i want to buy a MSI MB but the XP-120 is not compatible the board

I get better temps with the xp-90c then the xp-120 and you don't have to worry about MB compatibility. The xp-90c was expensive though, with the fan it prolly wouldn't have costed much more to just WC tho.

so if i want a fairly quiet operation on a XP-120... for an athlon 64 3200+ that will be stock speed for prolly a year... what would u recommend?

btw, mobo is ASUS A8N-E, my friend is getting it from the tech tour.

I've been extremely happy with my Zalman7000B AlCu cooler.

its really quiet and keeps my system cool enough for my liking

heck, if thats a winchester/venice core and you're not overclocking it, then just keep the stock heatsink on and use the cool 'n quiet feature on in the BIOS and it should be plenty quiet. when my winchester was at stock speeds the fan at times would even shut off it was so cool. in a year if you want to overclock then just wait until then. if you're going for looks and future performance i think the xp90 will fit you fine.

8fingers said:
so if i want a fairly quiet operation on a XP-120... for an athlon 64 3200+ that will be stock speed for prolly a year... what would u recommend?]
well...stock..then you can probably make do with something quiet that doesn't need to push a lot of air. I don't have any recommendations for a fan. =/

However, I would also agree with Gregmior. If it's just stock, then go with a Zalman.

Don't know if the stock hsf can compare, noise-wise.

Kankykur7 said:
heck, if thats a winchester/venice core and you're not overclocking it, then just keep the stock heatsink on and use the cool 'n quiet feature on in the BIOS and it should be plenty quiet. when my winchester was at stock speeds the fan at times would even shut off it was so cool. in a year if you want to overclock then just wait until then. if you're going for looks and future performance i think the xp90 will fit you fine.
WHAT

I have cool and quiet and the hsf is noisy as hell, share your secrets!!

Back