Socket 939 Alliance Recognition

Thats really cool that AMD has done this :) And is recognizing some of our more vocally supportive 939 members.

I too was wondering about this. Yes they decided to give some free stuff to a few people, but it doesn't help us get new cpus that are socket 939. They were probably just trying to clean off some shelf space in the warehouse.

People never cease to amaze me sometimes. AMD just gave away ~$2500 worth of stuff, and all you have to say is that? Nice....nice :rolleyes:

AMD[H]unter;1030665966 said:
People never cease to amaze me sometimes. AMD just gave away ~$2500 worth of stuff, and all you have to say is that? Nice....nice :rolleyes:
yea, seriously. typically, old shit that doesnt sell is destroyed, or used as a physical demo :p

are they San Diego cores? :D

And nothing for the 754 club ??? :(

Yeah us bastard stepchildren were the first to go out on the limb!

its cool that AMD does see enthusiasts as that.

auctually as a member of hardforum its an interesting experience to see the representatives of the brands I buy showing up to help out or on occasion hand out.

And nothing for the 754 club ??? :(

Yeah us bastard stepchildren were the first to go out on the limb!

its cool that AMD does see enthusiasts as that.

auctually as a member of hardforum its an interesting experience to see the representatives of the brands I buy showing up to help out or on occasion hand out.

I figured this would come up. :) Although we're not giving out super neat toys on the [H] like the 939'ers, AMD is well aware of the 754 group and has recognized us as well, if not more so due to being the first group, and having the largest AMD thread on here, etc. However, we don't want this thing to spiral into other companies grabbing other groups and giving stuff away, other people making threads like "Love your *insert hardware here*" and trying to get PR from it. This is just a way for AMD to say thanks to those of us who are die-hard AMD fans and has nothing to do with any type of marketing ploy/etc. and imo, it needs to stay that way. :) And besides, giving away 939 boards to 754 users would be blasphemy! :eek: :D

But yes, I have been in contact with Chris as well. :cool:

dont get me wrong, when it comes to free stuff I have the morals of an alley-cat.

If a C2D, a 975x MB and 4 GB of low latency DDR2 showed up on my doorstop, id change my configuration faster than brittany spears changes her hairstyle!

The PR person for intel can PM me for the address.... :D

I figured this would come up. :) Although we're not giving out super neat toys on the [H] like the 939'ers, AMD is well aware of the 754 group and has recognized us as well, if not more so due to being the first group, and having the largest AMD thread on here, etc. However, we don't want this thing to spiral into other companies grabbing other groups and giving stuff away, other people making threads like "Love your *insert hardware here*" and trying to get PR from it. This is just a way for AMD to say thanks to those of us who are die-hard AMD fans and has nothing to do with any type of marketing ploy/etc. and imo, it needs to stay that way. :) And besides, giving away 939 boards to 754 users would be blasphemy! :eek: :D

But yes, I have been in contact with Chris as well. :cool:

Yes, you are right, tsue. Chris told me this as well. He didn't want this to be an advertising campaign, just a thanks to the members of our little club and the supporters of AMD. I think it is a great thing when used in moderation.

Guys, if you have won, please PM me; so far I only have heard back from 5 of you, winners.

AMD[H]unter;1030673515 said:
Yes, you are right, tsue. Chris told me this as well. He didn't want this to be an advertising campaign, just a thanks to the members of our little club and the supporters of AMD. I think it is a great thing when used in moderation.

Guys, if you have won, please PM me; so far I only have heard back from 5 of you, winners.

I didn't get mine yet :D

AMD[H]unter;1030690259 said:
LOL....if y'all were in Genmay you would know what happened

Anyway, I am going to get the stuff out this week.

how many people havent responded?

This totally owns. Congrats to the winners and kudos to AMD for developing one of the best PC platforms ever!

Maybe have Kyle edit the first post with bullets next to the names you have yet to get a response from?

I know I sent you my info via a PM...

SO far I have only heard from:

• strikeout
  • captain slow
  • occidio
  • aquaragia
  • digiram
  • unknown-one
  • best [486]

If you want yer swag, you need to contact me.

AMD[H]unter what happens if they don't contact you in a certain amount of time?

Is there going to be a possible redraw of new names?

And congrats to the winners!!!

Snake, I am not sure, but I will give them a couple weeks to contact me. If they don't, I will have Kyle re-draw the names.

939 will be around for a while as long as I can get a lan party mobo for my 4000+ sandy :)

Do you really need anything more than a socket 939? To me they were the perfect socket.

I own a 939, I wanna join, I want swag. ;o)

(owner of the rare and often ridiculed as non-existing 3400+ s939 newcastle)

I have a whole Media Center PC sitting here, ready to go...just waiting on that motherboard and processor now :p

Current specs:
- Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
- ZALMAN HD160B Black Media Center Home Theater PC Case
- THERMALTAKE TR2 500W Power Supply
- Western Digital 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drives (3x for 1.5 TB)
- LITE-ON Black 16X DVD-Burner with Lightscribe
- Patriot Signature Series 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR 400
- AMD Athlon FX 55 + Motherboard...

Grand total so far is $985 (I allready had some of the parts, so it knocked down the price a little).

The stuff listed below has gone out, and if you haven't contacted me, please do so.

* strikeout
* captain slow
* occidio
* aquaragia
* digiram
* unknown-one
* best [486]

My schwag just arrived, that's some lightning fast shipping :D

Edit: I opened the box just now after getting home from class...it wasn't the swag...it was a box of pillows (part of a new comforter set). Darn you Bed Bath and Beyond for getting my hopes up!

My schwag just arrived, that's some lightning fast shipping :D

Edit: I opened the box just now after getting home from class...it wasn't the swag...it was a box of pillows (part of a new comforter set). Darn you Bed Bath and Beyond for getting my hopes up!

LOL; you scared me...I thought that I had somehow shipped you a pillow while I was drunk that night...:p

Back