Socket 754 shuttle

vage

2[H]4U
I was wondering if anyone knows of any plans for shuttle to come out with a new socket 745 P chasis shuttle at all. I have an AM 64 3400+ so there really isn't any thing I can use except for my SK83G which I like but I want to take advantage of all the new designs in the P chasis. Is 754 dead and gone or is it even possible to buy a P chasis shuttle and put my mobo into it?

754 wont be dead, not for a long time. amds gonna put out some new low power consumption chips that use 25 and 35 watts that a stock speeds of 2.4ghz and are based on a 90nm process. 754 aint dead by a long shot.

Well I'm glad to hear that because I made the mistake of just buying the 3400+ before researching all the products and would have rather of gotten a 3500+. My main question is if shuttle is going to make a new system with a P chasis for 754.

There hasn't been any talk of one AFAIK since I've been looking into shuttles alot lately, but u never konw

to be honest, i cant see them making a new socket 754 p chassis because they have already moved on to 939, but with the new msi neo with pci-e for 754, you might never know. i just wouldnt bank on them making a new one soon

You missed the updated nForce3 250 XPC -- the Sn85G4V3. Supposed to be much more stable than the Sk83G and features the larger 92mm ICE fan for quieter cooling. I'm going to upgrade from my SK83G to it (want the card reader too).

IronChefMorimoto

vage said:
... Is 754 dead and gone or is it even possible to buy a P chasis shuttle and put my mobo into it?

You can't put a regular mobo in the the P chassis shuttles even though they are a little bigger.

For socket 754, the SN85G4V3 is very nice.

Socrilles17 said:
It can also be had for $155 at newegg right now, I just bought one :)

I just bought one as well. It will be here Friday! I went back to get a second one today and its' not even listed on Newegg anymore!

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
754 wont be dead, not for a long time. amds gonna put out some new low power consumption chips that use 25 and 35 watts that a stock speeds of 2.4ghz and are based on a 90nm process. 754 aint dead by a long shot.
Not to put a downer on it, but it will depend on Shuttle whether they release bios support for Turion. They would rock in a SFF, though. ;)

150 bucks what are you boys smoking ? they are 250 bucks with a 50 dollar rebate.

what did you get for 150 ?

and what phantom board is msi making socket 754 pci-express,,, ?? nothing on their website about it.

total budget board, not designed for overclockers or speed freaks.

so much for us 754 lovers who cant afford to upgrade their damn cpu along with motherboard and video card.

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:

Err, yeah, 25 and 35 watts, but not at 2.4GHz. The highest stock speed on the initial generation of Turions is 2.0GHz. Hopefully their low voltage gives incredible overhead for OCing.

robberbaron said:
Err, yeah, 25 and 35 watts, but not at 2.4GHz. The highest stock speed on the initial generation of Turions is 2.0GHz. Hopefully their low voltage gives incredible overhead for OCing.
it should. think of it as the mobile barton. but better, cause it's 1.35 and 1.1v instead of 1.45v, and based on 90nm with sSOI :D
everything is in place. we just need cooperation from the mobo makers now.
however, i'll bet shuttle will be following turion very closely and most likely be making a system with one in it simply because 25 or 35w is such a small number compared to the p4's they've been managing to get in them.

Cyberlunacy said:
150 bucks what are you boys smoking ? they are 250 bucks with a 50 dollar rebate.

and what phantom board is msi making socket 754 pci-express,,, ?? nothing on their website about it.
I guess it was a oneday special because it was $255 -$50 instant rebate, -$50 mail in rebate, =$155. But like I said I went back the next day to get another and could not even find a listing for it.

Cyberlunacy said:

Apparently we weren't smoking anything, thats why we were awake and had extra cash to purchase our brand new sn85g4v3's from Newegg for $205 included shipping. ($255 minus $50 newegg instant savings) and whack off $50 for the shuttle MIR. Final cost, shipped to my door, after rebate... $155.

The deal was on Sunday night to monday night. :D

well son of a @#$%@#$^&*@^%

hahah good deal too post back hee fellas im really interested to know how those little boxes run im tired of my huge full tower

BigBadBiologist said:
For socket 754, the SN85G4V3 is very nice.

As is the Soltek EQ3801-300 series...it even has space for 2 cdrom drives and 2 hard drives...same system I am running in my sig. My cpu does 2.5 but it runs a bit hot for my taste in the SFF rig...

Back