socket 478 motherboard

millsdh

Limp Gawd
So I'm looking for a replacement motherboard for a P4 socket 478. I use it in a HTPC client machine so not really too many requirements. Requirements are: optical audio/coax audio, gigabit nic, pci express slot.

Any recommendations? Where to buy besides Newegg (they only have 3)?

Thanks!

At this point you may be better off building a new rig. socket 478 is pretty much EOL.

With the prices today you can piece together a rig for cheap. Especially if you can reuse your case, video card and power supply.

If you have your heart set on the s478, i recommend ebay or craigslist.

if you cant find anything here look at ebay, you should be able to find it cheap.

this rig is just used a htpc that streams stuff over the lan into xbmc - it functions beautifully and is silent - the motherboard I am using just has PCI slots that seem to be dying (PCI cards disappear randomly while powered on). I'd love to buy a whole new rig, but if I can find a suitable motherboard for cheap, I'd rather do that.

i agree with you you dont have to buy a new pc. like i said before look on ebay for a used one you should find one very cheap.

Anyone have a specific board/chipset I should be looking for? It's been so long since 478 boards I don't remember which were the ones to get/avoid!

i dont remember its been way too long, but i was on ebay they got an asus 478 mobo for $28.00

You will be surprised what 478 boards can go for on Ebay these days, particularly to international buyers. Competing with some of those buyers, it may prove more difficult that you think with these old boards.

I have sold 2 Asus P4C800 Deluxe 478 mobos last year on Ebay for nearly $175 each. Nonetheless, Ebay is still the best avenue to try.

Back