• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Socket 478 MATX w/ 4gb ram?

anths

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 14, 2001
Messages
491
I need to find a socket 478 (so I can use my Pentium M 725 with the 479->478 adapter) that can hold 4gb of RAM. The reason is I use only an iRAM with 4gb of space in this system and everything aside from the OS essentials (running gentoo) are located on a local server. I need the 4gb of ram so that I may cache as much data in a ramdrive as I can. The mobo also need have an AGP 4x/8x slot.
 
Ummm...as far as I know, the only boards that allowed the CT-479 adapter by ASUS are ASUS boards. It had something to do with BIOS updates or BIOS compatibility I think. Either way, if you look it up on google on what ASUS mATX 478 boards can use that adapter, then I believe that would be the answer.
 
Back
Top