Socket 478 heatsink on LGA775

Joined
Oct 9, 2005
Messages
2
I was wondering how I would go about adapting a Zalman CU6000 that I currently have attached to my Intel 865 board to my new Intel 945 based board.

It works so well, I'd hate to have to toss it and get something else.
 
I'm guessing you can, but with a lot of modding, time, effort and money. The 775 heatsink/fan combo is different to the 478 cooling system, in that the 775 solution has larger round clips that, well, clip onto the motherboad itself, whereas the 478 solution clips the heatsink onto a bracket already mounted on the board. You may be able to find an adapter that has the mount/clip solution, but it may be difficult because of size differences in the units.

I may be wrong, but I am guessing that it would be quite hard to do.
 
Back
Top