Socker A mobo problem need help.

AlexStenka

[H]ard|Gawd
I just got a motherboard and I'm having problem with it geting power, nothing will turn on the system speaker just gives me a really wierd beeping noise.

I recorded it here is the link for you guys to listen to, you have to scroll down to see the download link:
bios.wav

Thanx All :)

Check your mobo install book for a list of beep-error codes. If they exist, that's wehre the answer will be. Try reseating the CPU, RAM and GPU too btw.

I tried everything all it does is make that noise, and it will not get any power flow through it.

That sound reminds me of the overheat alarm. What I would do is take everything off of the board except the basics. psu, cpu+fan, hd. see if it posts. take out any usb/firewire connections.

If not, try a different psu with the board. Trial and error my friend.. good luck.

styleboy said:
That sound reminds me of the overheat alarm. What I would do is take everything off of the board except the basics. psu, cpu+fan, hd. see if it posts. take out any usb/firewire connections.

If not, try a different psu with the board. Trial and error my friend.. good luck.

when the cpu is not in the socket it runs fine, the mobo get power and all, but I drop that CPU in to the board I get error beep code.

It sounds CPU related......what board and what chip? Are you seating the heatsink the right way on the socket? Many have reversed that offset..(its supposed to follow the offset of the socket), and are you using proper thermal paste? It sounds like the heatsink isn't mating with the core correctly but is close enough that you haven't fried the chip yet, and thats the mobo overtemp alarm.

Back