Social Media Fueling Mental Sickness and Obesity

Discussion in '[H]ard|OCP Front Page News' started by Kyle_Bennett, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Kyle_Bennett

Kyle_Bennett El Chingón Staff Member

England's National Health Service describes itself as picking up the pieces of an epidemic among children in the UK and it firmly lays the responsibility at the feet of social media. No data is pointed to however. And the NHS is upset with you too, Fatty McFatFat. You are on the pooper twice as long as you are doing exercise. Well, not like eating all those chips does not take a good amount of time out of my schedule, and those have to go somewhere.

The average person in this country spends twice as long on the toilet as they do exercising.

Comixbooks, lostin3d and rgMekanic like this.
  2. Tekara

Tekara 2[H]4U

Couldn't possibly be the bad parenting and treating children like miniature adults, it must be the internet and video games!

katanaD, John721, Shadowed and 5 others like this.
  3. hlfbkd420

hlfbkd420 Limp Gawd

I don't use social media... Unless you consider this page social media I guess... I'm not fat but I am probably mental :p

4. Nobu

Nobu [H]ard|Gawd

Well, if it wasn't for social media, maybe the parents would take care of their kids instead of taking another selfie!

...or it could be bad parenting.

5. Spaceninja

Spaceninja [H]ard|Gawd

Why the hell would you want to parent when you can take a cute family photo, or post a picture of your kid and appear like you're a good parent. Lots easier to do that.

6. _l_

_l_ [H]ard|Gawd

it's not the chips that will really put lots of weight on ya ... Cheetos :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  7. hlfbkd420

hlfbkd420 Limp Gawd

We had a friend in high school we called J R Snezzz.

Jelly roll super Nintendo entertainment system... He ate donuts and breathed Nintendo....

He's in prison now...

Damn helicopter parents.

8. Kdawg

Kdawg Gawd

yeah I can see it.
    The mental illness of wanting to be liked.
    Kids depressed that they have no facebook friends, so they sulk with a pint of ice cream.

9. RealBeast

RealBeast Limp Gawd

Perhaps our friends across the pond need some guidance: alternate days play Wii exercise games, work up a *real* appetite. :eek:

10. Armenius

Armenius [H]ardForum Junkie

Can't say I disagree. The phenomena of normalizing mental health issues and the HAES movement originated on social media platforms like Tumblr. It's also why Facebook lets you choose from a list of 56 gender identities.

11. lostin3d

lostin3d [H]ard|Gawd

In the 50's they blamed R&R for kids bad behavior. The 60's, drugs. The 70's, much of the same. By the 80's they blamed R&R, Drugs, music in general, cartoons, t.v., and movies. From banning things all together to the fun advisory labels and censorship it really gained some ground there. Continued somewhat into the 90's. Now post 2000's we have social media. It seems like bad parenting will never run out of something else to put the blame on. Can't say I totally disagree with it, but the ability to breed is far easier than the ability to educate.

12. PantherBlitz

PantherBlitz Limp Gawd

Once the idea of "Its normal -- for me" became a thing all bets were off. I don't think this originated on social media though. The cadre of higher ed and media is setting the agenda.

13. Nobu

Nobu [H]ard|Gawd

14. Jim Kim

Jim Kim 2[H]4U

All the chips at subway are 1 serving per bag except for cheetos. The same size bag of cheesy puffed corn orange goodness is 2! om nom nom

_l_ likes this.
  15. _l_

_l_ [H]ard|Gawd

Most folks blame the symptoms rather than the cause ...

16. A Little Teapot

A Little Teapot [H]Lite

England's got so many problems right now it's just ridiculous. Pedophile rape gangs, acid attacks, terrorist attacks, and a government that's trying its hardest to gag/fine/jail anyone who speaks out about it. I'm not surprised in the least that their kids are exhibiting signs of mental illness. The whole country's gone fucking crazy.