So who's excited for Diablo 3 when it gets release?

Really? I haven't been following since D2 + Frozen Throne was very monotonous IMO, but in what ways? I'd be curious to know.

That's code for "Diablo 3 is just wow lol", which is a popular, if lame, meme that some people seem to believe in spite of everything.

Definitely looking forward to Diablo III very much, but I don't expect it to be out until the end of 2010 at best. Never give Blizzard the benefit of the doubt!

My girlfriend mentions almost every day she wishes D3 would come out already. We played the hell out of D2 again after the announcement, and we are currently slogging through Titan Quest + Immortal Throne, but that one just makes us yearn for a better game (like D3 will be!).

D2 starts getting really fun when you are getting into moderate/high levels and you just start mowing regular mobs down.

It also has an alright story line/progression if you play it single player and don't just rush through it on battle.net

can't wait, but I hadn't heard about this new content for D2!!! It sounds awesome and I know nothing about it :)

I'm definitely looking forward to some Diablo 3 along with Starcraft 2. I will buy both day one. I've been a huge fan of both series since they were released.

Since I'm one of the apparently rare Diablo II fans that doesn't have a rampant phobia of colours, I'm pretty optimistic. Just like any Blizzard game though, the long waiting times go a long way to curb the excitement.

I have a larger concern with the "WoW-ness" of the graphics. The level of saturation in the textures and just the overall artform of the game screams that cartooniness that is exhibited so well by games like WoW and TF2. Make it colorful, but in a tasteful kind of way. Don't make it cartoony.

Is it just me, or could the textures be sharper? Regardless, I'm definitely looking forward to it.

I have a larger concern with the "WoW-ness" of the graphics. The level of saturation in the textures and just the overall artform of the game screams that cartooniness that is exhibited so well by games like WoW and TF2. Make it colorful, but in a tasteful kind of way. Don't make it cartoony.

Personally, I prefer the overall darkness of the original Diablo, but I would agree that the art styling makes it worse.

What I've seen doesn't really feel "Diablo" to me, but we'll see when it comes out along with all of the game mechanic changes and charging for Bnet. Can't say I am too optimistic though.

Looking forward to this too. But I bet the new WoW, which is Star Wars The Old Republic will get released first.

Looking forward to this too. But I bet the new WoW, which is Star Wars The Old Republic will get released first.

Of course, but hows does that relate to anything Diablo]l[ ? I think StarWars TOR possibly may release this early 2010 ? It sure seems like a game that is far along in development, and they would want it out before another WoW expansion which will be out Spring/Summer 2010.

Blizzard will not wait a full 2+ years for the 3rd expansion, fans will be dying for something new if they take that long, I bet it comes out 18months or less after WoTLK. Originally they said expansions would come out on a regular 12 month cycle, but doubt that happens ? Never know maybe they surprise Blizzcon with the 3rd expansion and could be rushed for a Winter release ?

ill definatly get diablo 3 but at this rate i don't think i would even care about it by the time it comes out lols but overall if it can come out faster im looking foward to it.

I would get Diablo 3 but that only depends on reviews of Star Wars TOR.

These two games will be light years apart. First off StarWars TOR will be out way sooner than Diablo]l[. For sure StarWars is out in 2010, D ]l[ will be lucky if we see it in 2011.

I mean look at StarCraft ][ release date. Most of us thought it would have been out by now, and still the beta is not even here, so the actual release won't be until this Winter at best. I say forget about Diablo 3 for a long time. It will be out when it's out, but stop thinking about it, it is far far away.

TOR is a massive MMORPG, with huge planets to explore and thousands of players on the same server. Diablo 3 is a CoOp game with a linear path. Both should be very cool games, but also very different games too. And released a year part most likely.

food for thought

"Development on Diablo III began some time in 2005 when Blizzard North was still in operation. The original artistic design differed from that shown at Blizzard Worldwide Invitational 2008 demonstration, and had undergone three revisions before reaching the standards felt necessary by the team behind Diablo III. The development teams comprise fifty people. Most of the game mechanics and physics are complete, and are undergoing minor revisions. Most of the current and remaining development will focus on adding game content" -Wiki

Starcraft II beta is starting relatively soon, I'd be willing to guess within the next couple months. Once they stress test in probably in a couple months with the beta, and do some minor tweaks, it will come out a month after that. It's been the same deal with every blizzard game since battle.net started. Starcraft II will be out for the holiday.

Starcraft II was announced two years ago, if it does come out at the end of 2009 which I'm betting it will. Diablo III will most likely be out for the holidays in 2010, as it was announced about a year ago.

food for thought

"Development on Diablo III began some time in 2005 when Blizzard North was still in operation. The original artistic design differed from that shown at Blizzard Worldwide Invitational 2008 demonstration, and had undergone three revisions before reaching the standards felt necessary by the team behind Diablo III. The development teams comprise fifty people. Most of the game mechanics and physics are complete, and are undergoing minor revisions. Most of the current and remaining development will focus on adding game content" -Wiki

That ties into one of Blizzards core philosophies actually as well. Many people believe that Blizzard doesn't ever make mistakes and are perfect (even myself occasionally :D ), but the reality is when they do make mistakes or make games not up to their standards they simply don't release it. Starcraft: Ghost is a prime example, revisions of D3 another. Other companies might have released those games in order to rake in profit even if it meant tarnishing their rep, Blizzard isn't like that.

Another core philosophy is "style over realism", one alot of people don't seem to understand. The way Blizzard games look is intentional, they never aim for realistic graphics and probably never will.

I've bought all of Blizzard's PC games since WC2, and I figured why stop now. I'll without a doubt by Starcraft 2 (all 3 versions) and Diablo 2 without reservation. If they suck, then so be it. It wouldn't be my first lame blind game purchase.

I think well be waiting a while, i think they will milk WOW as much as possible before they release d3

I know alot of people like myself have quit wow in hopes of games like sc2/d3 that are still heavy multiplayer but aren't the MMO life suckers

The only 2 games coming in the next few years that are day 1 purchases (for me) are

Forza Motorsport 3 and
Diablo 3

Everything else might as well not exist.

I can't friggin' wait. D3, SC2, Episode 3, and Natural Selection 2 are my most anticipated games at the moment.

I will be preordering D3 and NS2. D3 has a pretty slim chance of being better than D2 though.

I think D3 can be loads better than D2. Although it doesn't have the same atmosphere, Titan Quest already makes some big improvements over D2. I think D3 will be a much larger leap.

Wait WHAT?!?!?!? When is Natural Selection 2 coming out and where can I get it?!!?!?! OMG I thought they would NEVER come out with that game! I been waiting forever!!! Love the first game as you can tell lol.

starcraft in nov and diablo next year. blizzard is set for one game per year right now.

Diablo... been there done that.
Diablo was amazing in its time but I feel for something fresh, something different.

Back