So when can I buy an X2?

EricDawg

Limp Gawd
Anyone have any inside info (or outside) on when we'll be able to buy a retail (or oem I guess) 64 X2?

Sure would like to do something else on my PC while editing videos.

Well, it may launch during next weeks Computex.. but whether they will go on sale right way, I don't know. Within two weeks though, I would guess.

I agree...I don't it's going to be too long anymore. I believe they're going to be launching in June sometime.

seeing how revE cores did, probably not for another month or two. hopefully i'm wrong though

I talked with someone from Monarch Computer yesterday and they said that they would have them in 2-3 weeks. :D

do they normally have preorders on new procs? Havent really bought one right when they came out (was always a little down the road). What places would give preorders if any.

videogamer323 said:
do they normally have preorders on new procs? Havent really bought one right when they came out (was always a little down the road). What places would give preorders if any.

I dunno, Monarch had preorders for San Diego. I'm waiting for X2 as well. I've got pretty much a full computer worth of parts sitting in a cabinet. They just need a processor, and they'll be ALIVE!

heh, all i need is the mobo yet, and im set. second raptor just arived today, PSU on the way (tomarrow should be here) and will be using everything in sig. Cant wait not only am i going from XP to A64 but dual core also :p

Where did you get the dual core processor?? Also, what mobo are you waiting on that's 939 with AGP that has a dual core bios out already?? The last board you had was AGP and you said your using all your old stuff in your sig so I was wondering what board you have?? If you have a dual core already, how much did you give for it??

i dont have dual core yet, said i want one in above post :rolleyes: but i have all the parts except mobo for the upgrade, and im looking to get an 7xxx or ati something vid card when the time comes

We'll you stated in above post that all you were waiting on was the mobo....so I assumed that somehow you had gotten a dual core processor. In the above post you were asking where to pre-buy one and if anyone did that. If you are talking about your previous post to the one stating that all you were waiting on was your mobo and your psu would be here tom. Hope I didn't confuse you...lol :p

Back