So, what's Nikon going to announce at PMA/CES?

Eulogy

2[H]4U
Just curious what everyone thinks Nikon is going to annouce, if anything, at PMA and CES this year?
What I'm hoping for is a D90 - a direct D80 replacement. Something that sits nicely directly under the D300. If anything, I think this would be announced just not ready to buy for a few months.
What I expect/guess at though, is something below the D80 as a replacement for the D40x and D40. I'd expect this to be more or less ready for immediate consumption. Maybe called D60 after all this time...

I'd hope to see "the" 16-85 VR lens. If it, and the "D60" guess are both coming, I see them in a kit together.

I don't know about other lenses.
Just some fun guesses based on some rumor mills, and from things apparent on the Nikon site.

Looking at the Nikon product timeline, it seems like we're due for a D80 successor since the D80 has been out for 1.5 years already, and releases between the D70/D70s/D80 were roughly 1 year apart each. However, I don't know what sensor they'd put into it, it might just be a incremental upgrade with some enhancements over the D80. I don't think we'll be seeing a D40x successor just yet, it's only been out for less than a year.

I'm still looking for a modern version of the 70-200/4 lens, Nikon. :eek:

Looking at the Nikon product timeline, it seems like we're due for a D80 successor since the D80 has been out for 1.5 years already, and releases between the D70/D70s/D80 were roughly 1 year apart each. However, I don't know what sensor they'd put into it, it might just be a incremental upgrade with some enhancements over the D80. I don't think we'll be seeing a D40x successor just yet, it's only been out for less than a year.

I'm still looking for a modern version of the 70-200/4 lens, Nikon. :eek:
http://shop.nikon-image.com/front/ProductVBA170AJ.doHit that page with a translator. That's where I got my guess for the D40X being dropped. I don't see the somewhat antiquated D40 and D80's lasting much longer with 18 month product cycles.

Back