So whats FFXIV beta like?

Awesome, thanks for the links. I cannot wait for this game to come out! Eight more days.

They are amusing, but obviously I disagree with them. He's apparently never played a final fantasy before, where cutscenes are probably 20-30 percent of the game, and you have to grind to level up while you're heading to the storyline's next place of interest.

He also criticizes the fight on the boat, however I would have too, because they decided to show off a Disciple of the Hand/Land character instead of one from War or Magic which was stupid on their part, since they aren't a combat class. The actual combat in this game I feel is very nice, with great visual effects, and much more involving than FFXI's combat was.

He mentions he starts in a place with walls with nothing to do. You have to think on your own, not be pointed by arrows telling you where to go. Talk to NPCs and EXPLORE.

I have no idea who this guy is (first time hearing about him), but by the way he talks (ADD-like and using "fucking" every other word while shouting), clearly he is not part of SE's targeted audience.

Edit: I looked at some of his previous reviews and turns out he's not a fan of FF8, FF9, or FF10. Hmm, who would have thought?

Last edited:
Wow, never meat someone who hasn't heard of spoony.

Regardless, you have to admit he is right about how idiotic the people at SE are. How hard would it have been to show an exciting demo? Really?

Wow, never meat someone who hasn't heard of spoony.

Regardless, you have to admit he is right about how idiotic the people at SE are. How hard would it have been to show an exciting demo? Really?

Ive never heard of that dude either. When I heard the name spoony i thought of salid fingers for some reason.

I had high hopes for FF14 as I'm desparately seeking something to replace Vanguard (which is actually an unbelievably great game, but not properly supported by Sony).

Anyway, the FF14 turned me off completely. I doubt I'll play the game at all. It just seemed very clunky in all respects and I don't know if it's because they had to dumb it down for PS3 compatibility or what.

I have pre-ordered the CE (only 7 more days!!) as well and I'll be playing on Lindblum starting in Limsa Lominsa.

Any FFXIII purchasers who are not planning on playing FFXIV? I ask because that game came with a code for an exclusive in-game item for FFXIV that I would love to have...please. :)

I want to play this game -- but I'm gonna do the same thing I do with all MMO's -- Wait at least 6 months after release. If people say "its getting better" then cool, but if the consensus is still "omg suckage" then I'll probably pass -- at least for another 6 months.

From what I understand, they tried to get it on the Xbox again, but Microsoft refused. Seems FFXI was an exception to several rules.

An Xbox 360 version of Final Fantasy XIV was considered, being announced to be in talks with Microsoft to bring the game to the system. However, in an interview with Eurogamer, Tanaka stated that, "The main reason why we couldn't go with Xbox 360 was the Xbox Live system. [Live is] different to the normal internet environment, so when we wanted to introduce this game in the same environment as Windows PC it had to be PS3, so that was our choice. Microsoft has a different point of view: they want to have a closed environment for Xbox Live. We're still talking to... We couldn't come to an agreement on Xbox Live."[29] FFXI was only allowed by Square Enix onto Xbox Live as it only required a Silver Xbox Live membership, therefore was not considered closed as did not require any additional fees to play. Tanaka has recently reaffirmed that development on the Xbox 360 is considered "on hold" and that there are "no plans" to continue development unless the situation with Microsoft and Xbox Live changes.
Source: Too many sources to list, copy+paste any sentence in there and Google it to find sources.

I had high hopes for FF14 as I'm desparately seeking something to replace Vanguard (which is actually an unbelievably great game, but not properly supported by Sony).

Anyway, the FF14 turned me off completely. I doubt I'll play the game at all. It just seemed very clunky in all respects and I don't know if it's because they had to dumb it down for PS3 compatibility or what.

How is Vanguard now? I was SOOO excited about its release as I was a major eq junkie back in the day (been years now since I played eq), pop and before were the best of eq imo. I was in the beta of vg, ran horrible.. release came and was bugged and ran pretty bad still, seemed incomplete as it was rushed out the door etc. How is it now? There a decent size population?

How is Vanguard now? I was SOOO excited about its release as I was a major eq junkie back in the day (been years now since I played eq), pop and before were the best of eq imo. I was in the beta of vg, ran horrible.. release came and was bugged and ran pretty bad still, seemed incomplete as it was rushed out the door etc. How is it now? There a decent size population?
Population is low, and there's no development team. SOE is letting it die a slow death to protect their precious EQ franchise.

Back