So what happened to Neweggs Iron Egg "Guarantee?" So lame...

koomba

Limp Gawd
So what about Neweggs bullshit Iron Egg guarantee that they started touting right before Black Friday? Guaranteed the price for 60 days, that it would not change, as well as free shipping and extended return period.

They had a 40'' Westinghouse, specifically Westinghouse 40" 1080p 120Hz LED-LCD HDTV LD-4080 here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889234047

It was $370, and had their Iron Egg guarantee on it. Now it went out of stock sometime on Saturday I believe, but I specifically held off on buying a different one. I did this because I assumed I didn't have to worry about having to scour the entire internet to find the absolute best price. I was going to be happy knowing I could pay $370 for a decent TV, and had some time to buy it because of, you know, the "Iron Egg GUARANTEE."

I kept checking it the past couple days and it was still OOS, but now it is back in stock! Good thing, right? Nope. Now the Iron Egg guarantee is mysteriously missing from the page, and the price has suddenly jumped to $430. :rolleyes:

I am seriously so tired of Newegg. I have used them since they opened, but the last couple of years they have just gotten steadily worse in all aspects. What kind of shady underhanded shit is this? This is something I would expect out of some lame B&M store, not Newegg. But I guess I was wrong.

Needless to say, I will not be purchasing a TV from Newegg now. I am really disappointed, I honestly believed Newegg would honor their new Iron Egg program. I guess it is just another typical bait-and-switch bullshit program that every shitty retailer in the world pulls. GG Newegg.:mad:

I thought Iron Egg just meant that if that item ever lowered in price from what you paid (within 60 days), they would refund you the difference no questions asked.

Just checked, and that's what the site says:
http://promotions.newegg.com/NEpro/ironegg/index.html

Are you saying they changed what Iron Egg meant after they rolled it out?

EDIT yeah what the guy 2 above me said. You are misunderstanding the price guarantee.

Where does it say the price will not change the whole time between now and xmas? I don't see that anywhere. I think the price guarantee is only if you buy the product and find it cheaper somewhere else allowing you to get a credit. I don't call that bait and switch, and the BF/CM deals are over anyway. Don't be mad you tried jumping in too late. Get in on the deals when you can!

yeah you misunderstood. Raising prices after black friday is standard. Nothing wrong with that.

That is all the Iron Egg guarantee ever was. It is price protection after you purchase it. Why would they ever guarantee a price for 60 days to people who haven't bought the product? Seems like that is just asking people to wait until day 59 to buy it if they don't find it cheaper elsewhere in that time.

Well all that makes me very sad. And kills any hopes I had of getting it for that price, lol. :( Oh well.

Dont worry man wait for the sales just before christmas, remember in the electronics game there is always another deal.

Back