So, The Titan X has an official Australian MSRP...

KazeoHin

[H]F Junkie
I know Australians generally pay a bit more for stuff (even after currency conversion) than the U.S... But $1,550? Really, guys? man, here I was thinking I could get a second one. WELP, at least I can just grab a 980 for $760 if I want...

1045.gif

Exchange rate has fallen off a cliff lately. At today's rate, plus 10% GST, it would be ~$1450. A $100 markup on something this expensive is about normal, even lower than one might expect for a halo product. Ahh, the joys of purchasing hardware here in Oz.

This is why a 28 degrees mastercard is nice, great exchange rate and no conversion fees when ordering from the US.

My opinion is: the TitanX is ALREADY a marked-up product. Why the extra?

I know why. But I still like to bitch.

The NZ MSRP is $2499. The price I buy them in at as an NZ retailer is $1699 then you have to add margin and 15% GST.

American Dollar has gone up a lot recently

True, but that doesn't completely explain the conversion. I guess it's down to taxes and import fees as well. But that NZD price, shit! The appropriate price discounting taxes and what not would be 1343.99 NZD.

My condolences to the Roo People. It must really blow to be a gamer, let alone a PC gamer in the land down under.

I wonder how long that price will maintain, I would have to assume that if the 390X turns out to be quicker as rumoured the cost should drop a chunk fairly quickly... maybe we'll see it under $1100.

I wonder how long that price will maintain, I would have to assume that if the 390X turns out to be quicker as rumoured the cost should drop a chunk fairly quickly... maybe we'll see it under $1100.
I dont think Nvidia will lower the price of the Titan even with the 390x release, at least not as much as youre suggesting. They will likely just sell what they made and call it a day, without price cuts. Then release a 980TI and continue the milking.

That's right, the Titan is a halo product and price cutting would be the last of the last resort.

Although I think there will be some pretty interesting dynamics if the 390X completely delivers. Per my post in another thread:

Agreed about the 980 Ti part, but I do think IF the 390X lives up to its hype of trading blows with the Titan X, it will make for some interesting dynamics. So here's my thought process (on the premise that 390X delivers Titan X like performance)

If the 980 Ti is actually supposed to compete with the 8GB 390X, then it'll be in a very awkward position. They can't release a full 980 Ti with 12GB because that's what the Titan X is. They could disable 1 SMM and slap on 12GB of vram but that would still be too close to Titan X performance for too little money, and would cannabalize their own Titan X sales. If they stick with 12GB but start cutting more SMMs they risk losing the competitive edge to 390X.

So nVidia would have to price the 980 Ti very aggressively, and hope the 8GB 390X is $700+. This way the 6GB 980 Ti would be competing against the 4GB 390X instead of the 8GB version.

Either way, if 390X delivers, it'll be a HUGE win for all consumers. I for one am really hoping the 390X bitch slaps some sense into nVidia this round.

To give you an idea, Titans and Titan Blacks never reduced in price, even when the 290X beat the Titan.

My condolences to the Roo People. It must really blow to be a gamer, let alone a PC gamer in the land down under.

What's worse: according to the Big Mac index, and similar economy estimations, Australians have much less disposable income than Americans, despite making much more on average per year (even in USD).

Corporations gunna Corperate.

I'm budgeting for a new build, I already have a Titan X en-route, and my budget is around $4000 not including my Titan X, and THAT price is limiting. Just try going to PCCasegear.com and build up a decent system in your cart, see how the dollars stack up.

At least we have nice beaches!

Last edited:
To give you an idea, Titans and Titan Blacks never reduced in price, even when the 290X beat the Titan.

True but the original Titan's pulled double duty in the compute department, the Titan X... not so much.

Not surprised, as usual we always get ripped off, but paying that extra $500/600 is bullshit. At least it's not over $1800 as I first thought.

Yeah. That means you're looking at $3500+ for two + water blocks. Not a very approachable price.

I mean, we're bitching about a luxury product. But still.

Living in a land down under
Where women glow and men plunder
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, the Titan X MSRP is out!! You better take cover!!

And yes i copied and pasted the lyrics P

knew it wouldn't be long before the yanks came in here talking about kangaroos, and singing land down under, aren't they fucking hilarious?

(end sarcasm)

No, everything else just has gone down

Pretty much this. As long as the Fed keeps printing money out of thin air, the USD won't go up. It's value has been artificially held aloft by the reserve, IIRC.

I feel really bad for you guys in Aussie and Kiwi land. As much as I don't like my govt. at least PC gaming in the USA isn't as expensive as it used to be in the late 80's early 90's (where we were paying $3K for a mid-end gaming PC). It must be brutal on your wallet being a PC gamer there. That's just plain gouging just because.

As for the comment above, I don't make jokes about nationality. We yanks all bleed the same red and speak the same language as you, no?

Pretty much this. As long as the Fed keeps printing money out of thin air, the USD won't go up. It's value has been artificially held aloft by the reserve, IIRC.

I feel really bad for you guys in Aussie and Kiwi land. As much as I don't like my govt. at least PC gaming in the USA isn't as expensive as it used to be in the late 80's early 90's (where we were paying $3K for a mid-end gaming PC). It must be brutal on your wallet being a PC gamer there. That's just plain gouging just because.

As for the comment above, I don't make jokes about nationality. We yanks all bleed the same red and speak the same language as you, no?

Australians have a blunt sense of humour:
in some circles, calling a mate a 'c**t' is a gesture of endearment. Don't take any aggression from what we say, even if it seems aggressive...

Yeah, i know its a bad generalization, but i always see it.

When an American makes a thread about prices, do the Aussies come in and start quoting stupid song lyrics or talk about what ever animal you have there?

When an American makes a thread about prices, do the Aussies come in and start quoting stupid song lyrics or talk about what ever animal you have there?

Haha Americans, the bear people. Is it true you have Cougars in your backyard?

Just kidding guys. We all be brothers in [H].

Mostly because Overclockers AU won't accept a Gmail address.

Australians have a blunt sense of humour:
in some circles, calling a mate a 'c**t' is a gesture of endearment. Don't take any aggression from what we say, even if it seems aggressive...

Noted. No offense taken. :)

It is. And no, I do not. My fellow countrymen sometimes paint a poor picture of those of us who are most decidedly not the beer swilling, Nascar racing, Murica Fuck YEAH ignorant hillbillies that many outsiders perceive us to be, it just so happens to be they are usually the first heard or the ones to start the most shit. Then again, I'm sure there are people that fulfill their regional negative stereotypes everywhere.

That said, I'll tip a Fosters and carry on :p

Haha Americans, the bear people. Is it true you have Cougars in your backyard?

If you go far enough south I'm sure you'll find at least one (either that or bears/gators/othernastythingsthatwillkillyouinonebite) in every trailer park... :D

Noted. No offense taken. :)

It is. And no, I do not. My fellow countrymen sometimes paint a poor picture of those of us who are most decidedly not the beer swilling, Nascar racing, Murica Fuck YEAH ignorant hillbillies that many outsiders perceive us to be, it just so happens to be they are usually the first heard or the ones to start the most shit. Then again, I'm sure there are people that fulfill their regional negative stereotypes everywhere.

That said, I'll tip a Fosters and carry on :p

Real 'strayans drink VB.

Or as said in native lingo: VoyBoy.

Just use it as an excuse to take a holiday to California. If you bring back a couple of GPUs, a big SSD and some RAM, the airfare is almost free.

Gotta look on the bright side.

knew it wouldn't be long before the yanks came in here talking about kangaroos, and singing land down under, aren't they fucking hilarious?

(end sarcasm)

Actually YOU are the only person to mention kangaroos, you vegemite eating, Fosters drinking, Waltzing Matilda singing, ozzie

Now go and put another shrimp on the Barbie

Actually YOU are the only person to mention kangaroos, you vegemite eating, Fosters drinking, Waltzing Matilda singing, ozzie

Now go and put another shrimp on the Barbie

Haha, heres the fat yank i was referring to earlier, please see crusty juggler's comment.

US prices are rediculous. Over here in AU, our TitanX costs 1550.00, in the US, I managed to pick one up for free!

God damn taxes...

" Originally Posted by KazeoHin View Post
US prices are rediculous. Over here in AU, our TitanX costs 1550.00, in the US, I managed to pick one up for free!

God damn taxes..."

Mr. Bluntman:

Around the 17 minute mark:
http://www.twitch.tv/unrealtournament/v/3862003

http://www.hardocp.com/news/2015/03/05/h_reader_interviewed_at_gdc_by_epic_games_team

Still hasn't arrived yet, so it may fall through. I'm hoping prices fall either way, so I can either grab a second one, or get one at all in case something goes sour.

Back