So the 4.9's crash D3 for me

kronchev

[H]F Junkie
Yeh. has happened a few times, with NO change to my system. game completly hard locks wiht distorted screen for a few seconds, then I get the "crashed app" message. dont get ATi's error reporting, strange enough. Again it was working perfectly, tried these drivers (5 more FPS in timedemo), but theyre unstable. Hopefully they'll be fixed in final :)

Yes, it seems many people are having problems with Doom 3, including myself. First time I started the game with 4.7 Cats after about 10 minutes it crashed to the desktop. I switched to 4.9's and now it doesn't crash as much , but every so often the sound just goes out completely. (refrence to nVidia SoundStorm nForce2 boards).

I also get sound crackling about as frequent. I dont know if its ATI or ID's mistake, but I hope its fixed soon. Even with these problems Doom 3 is still an awe-inspiring game and im having a blast playing it.
- w00t for ID -

Weird, I went back to the old drivers and it is STILL doing it...crap

DarkDrake said:
(refrence to nVidia SoundStorm nForce2 boards).

It has already been discussed multiple times and explained that it doesn't have anything to do with Soundstorm... or any other APU for that matter. Doom 3 uses your CPU for the sound processing, not the APU on your sound card. The sound problem is universal to EVERYBODY. :rolleyes:

I haven't noticed any sound problems. Not so far as cracking and whatnot.

I think it's kind of weird that there is no 4.1 option for surround sound.

I'm using the 4.9 betas (9800 Pro) with no ill effect. The 4.7's worked as well. The 4.9's gave me a couple more FPS, but that was about it. Doom hasn't crashed at all. Maybe I'm just lucky (Since I just said that, I'm sure I'll have all sorts of problems now ;) )

4.9s worked great in Doom 3, but they broke quake 3 on my machine...

Back