so, nyc sucks

frankyk

Gawd
i hear they have a nintendo store that gets wii's everyday and a lot of people are going everyday and getting one and selling them on ebay.

this is ridiculous.

wtf, does san diego have no wii's >_<

I don't know about everybody, but on launch day I was told they had around 2k. That's where I got mine from.

try living in a small town. We have no ps3, no wii, no ds, and only a couple 360's. newegg FTW

I think the Times Square TRU had more Wii's on launch. The line wrapped around the block and yet it was still selling Wii's late into the afternoon.

I'm not so sure about the Nintendo Store, though, because I never go there...

...oh, and NY > all. :)

I'm thinking about going into NYC tomorrow to score a wii. I live out on Long Island....so its not too far of a commute. Does the nintendo store get a new shipment every day or should I check out the TRU?

on a side note...I was in the city on the day the wii was launched and saw the line wrapped around the TRU...was about 2 blocks long. i was in the city the night before for SNL and saw the line and said wtf is that for? then i realized that the wii was coming out on sunday. walking back to penn on sunday there were still people on line at about noon.

SkyyNet said:
I'm thinking about going into NYC tomorrow to score a wii. I live out on Long Island....so its not too far of a commute. Does the nintendo store get a new shipment every day or should I check out the TRU?

on a side note...I was in the city on the day the wii was launched and saw the line wrapped around the TRU...was about 2 blocks long. i was in the city the night before for SNL and saw the line and said wtf is that for? then i realized that the wii was coming out on sunday. walking back to penn on sunday there were still people on line at about noon.
The Nintendo World store gets shipments every morning, and sells out.

B. W. said:
The Nintendo World store gets shipments every morning, and sells out.

ok....i tried calling the store but I just get an automated message. Have you seen what it looks like in the morning at the store? Are there tons of people waiting outside? I am thinking about going on Thurs now. The store opens at 8am so I'll try to get there about 6am or so. Good idea?

SkyyNet said:
ok....i tried calling the store but I just get an automated message. Have you seen what it looks like in the morning at the store? Are there tons of people waiting outside? I am thinking about going on Thurs now. The store opens at 8am so I'll try to get there about 6am or so. Good idea?
When I went there, the rep told me the best thing to do was come around 3:00 in the morning because lines start to form.

You could check Toys R Us in Times Square, but for now your best be is probably the 17th for most stores.

SkyyNet said:

I got my Wii from the Nintendo World Store last Tuesday. I arrived there at 7am, they opened at 8. The guy came out at around 7:20 to hand out tickets, and there were already more people on line than available units. Had I gotten there 15 minutes later, I wouldn't have gotten one.

That day was also incredibly cold, so there might have been less people on line than usual. I'd say get there by 6am if you want to be assured a console. 7am might be pushing it if the weather is warmer. I think its supposed to be raining Thursday?

Liekomg said:
I got my Wii from the Nintendo World Store last Tuesday. I arrived there at 7am, they opened at 8. The guy came out at around 7:20 to hand out tickets, and there were already more people on line than available units. Had I gotten there 15 minutes later, I wouldn't have gotten one.

That day was also incredibly cold, so there might have been less people on line than usual. I'd say get there by 6am if you want to be assured a console. 7am might be pushing it if the weather is warmer. I think its supposed to be raining Thursday?

Rain is on the forecast for tomorrow....shows partly cloudy on Thurs...but thats always subject to change. Where is the world store located again - Rock Center? How far from Penn walking time is it do you think....about 20-30 mins? Me and a buddy are probably going to try it on Thurs....anybody else up for it?

SkyyNet said:
Rain is on the forecast for tomorrow....shows partly cloudy on Thurs...but thats always subject to change. Where is the world store located again - Rock Center? How far from Penn walking time is it do you think....about 20-30 mins? Me and a buddy are probably going to try it on Thurs....anybody else up for it?
10 Rockefeller Plaza (between 3rd and 4th avenue - something like that?). I have no idea how far it would be though.

Be sure to check upstairs while you're there. They have all of the old consoles on display (including a GameBoy that survived the Gulf War) and some merchandise.

B. W. said:
10 Rockefeller Plaza (between 3rd and 4th avenue - something like that?). I have no idea how far it would be though.

Be sure to check upstairs while you're there. They have all of the old consoles on display (including a GameBoy that survived the Gulf War) and some merchandise.

yeah, i just did a google map of it and saw where it was....shouldnt take too long. basically straight up 7th or 8th aves and then over on 48th.

anybody else want to meet up? probably going to be taking the 4am train from LI to manhattan...get in at 5:29 and then get to the world store by 6am or so.

for the guys that waited at the world store....got any tips?

i'll definately go up stairs and check out the merchandise....thanks B.W.

guyd00dman said:
Anyone go today and get one?

i decided im going to try for one locally this sunday. if i come up empty then ill try again on wed/thur in nyc.

Back