So my 2007FPW is garbage

Whitebread

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 28, 2002
Messages
1,363
SO I bought a Dell 2007FPW and the damn thing turns blue after using it for about an hour. I didn't buy it from dell, but I was new and came with a 1 year warentee. I hope I can return the damn thing.
 
who did you buy it from and does it turn solid blue? Is this a normal occurance?
 
No, it does not turn solid blue but had a blue hue, as if someone changed the color temperature and then adjusted the primary colors so that red and green are at zero and blue is at 100.
I cant take pics right now because I don't have a camera.
Also, I bought the thing on Ebay so I donno how I'm going to resolve this. It was new tith a warentee but dell can't honor that warentee without an order number. I'm talking to the seller right now.
 
Did s/he not transfer the warranty over to you when s/he did the sale? It only takes a few minutes to do the transfer online...
 
No they did not. The guy said that I shoudl be fine with dell or I can call him. :( I hope he didn't screw me.
He's only responded once to my ebay messages in the last hour. The first time he responded within two minutes, its been 3 messages and 60 minutes since that happened. I'll give him untill monday to respond, though, as I will be in marylind untill then.

Luckly for me, though, the monitor seems to be ok on DVI. So if he doesnt respond, I will still have a working monitor, I woudl just need to get a new vid card or VGA->DVI converter. I didnt want to spend the extra cash but whatever.
 
Well, you really want to be running it on DVI anyway, even if there wasnt a problem on the VGA input. Try to get a return as you basically dont want to hold onto a faulty monitor -- who knows what else might go wrong?
 
I'm going to try to get it returned/exchanged but it isn't looking good. Plus, running on DVI means buying another vid card. I can recoop the money by selling the X1600 I have now, but its still more money that I don't wnat to spend.
 
Whitebread said:
No they did not. The guy said that I shoudl be fine with dell or I can call him. :( I hope he didn't screw me.
Luckly for me, though, the monitor seems to be ok on DVI. So if he doesnt respond, I will still have a working monitor, I woudl just need to get a new vid card or VGA->DVI converter. I didnt want to spend the extra cash but whatever.
Perhaps a change of vga cable (better quality) is in order, you cannot buy a simple converter of vga to DVI as vga does not carry the digital signal (analog vga signal is however carried by DVI). A vga to DVI converter would be very expensive (or not worth) and not to mention the noise generated from digital to analog to digital.
 
No order number, no return, especially after first 21 days of invoice.

Just need the serial# and no order# if you require a replacement.

Tell the rep. They should know, if they don't, tell them to search for the monitor replacement policy.
 
Blugh, I just got the same problem, except it looks like someone turned the red all the way to full. DVI works fine, but if I switch over to VGA, it's all red :mad:

Edit: It's strange. If I'm in VGA mode and I use Picture in Picture, the video feed from the Composite cable is completely clean. My VGA picture is all red, but the little box in the corner is fine. Does this mean it isn't a problem with the monitor?

I guess I'll call Dell during their next buisness hours.
 
Are you using the suppied VGA cable? Honestly, I think its teh cable and not hte monitor. Right now I've got my gateway on VGA with its supplied VGA cable that I know works, and everything is fine. The Dell is on DVI and everythign is fine. No hints of blue whatsoever. I tired the Gateway with the Dell cable and it turned blue. I think Dell is shipping faulty VGA calbes with their 2007FPWs.
 
Yeah, I'm using the VGA cable that came with the monitor. It looks like you're right. I'll dig around for a spare VGA cable and test it out.
 
Make sure the VGA cable is pushed in correctly or use another one like everyone else says. You see the VGA has RGB outputs and if one of those outputs isn't connected properly you will get funky colors.
 
Back
Top