So I've bollixxed WSUS

Quartz-1

Supreme [H]ardness
I found my Server 2012 WSUS folder had exploded to over 500 GB :eek: so I followed the instructions here to fix it. Unfortunately, the WSUSContent folder is still empty apart from a file anonymouscheckfile.txt. I have tried rebooting.

How do I fix it?

Uninstall WSUS, reboot, reinstall WSUS and set it back up. Going forward, remember to run the cleanup wizard each month after you've approved that months patches.

That's the simple solution, and one suitable for a home network, but is there a better solution for a production environment?

i gotta agree blow it away, no point in 'fixing' it. it will take longer and you gain nothing.

That's the simple solution, and one suitable for a home network, but is there a better solution for a production environment?

As others have said, that is the better solution. I've spent months letting SQL churn trying to clean this exact scenario up and never got anywhere. Blowing it away and resetting it up takes at most a few hours if you have a ton of computers/servers in different patch groups.

Back