So is the RTX 2080 TI FE seeing better quality stock?

Discussion in 'nVidia Flavor' started by JMCB, Feb 16, 2019.

1. JMCB

JMCB Limp Gawd

I found a brand new 2080 Ti FE for a decent price on bestbuy.com and I was wondering if the stock has been improved? Are newer versions of the card having the same issues that plagued earlier releases of the card?

2. pippenainteasy

pippenainteasy Gawd

Whether you get micron gddr6 or samsung gddr6 is a crapshoot from what I understand.

JMCB and Armenius like this.
  3. Kor

Kor 2[H]4U

I've got a Samsung supplied card, no problems after 5 and a bit weeks.

JMCB and Armenius like this.
  4. Solhokuten

Solhokuten [H]ard|Gawd

I bought a 2080TI FE from Nvidia on the 16th of January and it crashed after a few minutes of gaming. However, the replacement I received works just fine. I'd say its a roll of the dice with any of the 2080ti even now.

JMCB likes this.
  5. Armenius

Armenius I Drive Myself to the [H]ospital

I have a FE purchased in September with Micron memory and it is still running great. I replaced the cooler about 3 weeks ago.

JMCB likes this.
  6. JMCB

JMCB Limp Gawd

Yeah I dropped the bullet and got an FE off Best Buy. I plan on buying a second once I sell both my current 1080 Tis (down now to one - the other sold today on ebay). Then next month, I plan on putting both under water (ensuring both can be run on air without crashing for awhile).

7. Mchart

Mchart 2[H]4U

I've had my FE since the second shipment at release and it's been rock solid with a 110% power target.

If I move up to a 115% power target it'll actually start glitching out in certain games, but has otherwise been sound.

cybereality likes this.