So I'm having some trouble with Excel 2007

dhuljev

n00b
I pretty good with excel 2003, but can not for the life of me figure out how to do this in office 2007:

graph2.PNG

How could a make a bar graph of those values with the values that are in column marked x running along the x axis and the values marked in the y column running along the y axis? Every time I create a bar graph, I end up with a graph for that has two bars for both variables. How can I make it just with one bar for the x variable and have the y variable as the years? This used to be very easy in 2003 with the chart wizard, but it's a real PITA in 2007. :(

Haha, alright, here is how to do it in 2007.

You have your 2 data strings, hit insert > bar graph

Click "Select Data" on the menu bar
In chart data range, highlight the data for Y axis > hit enter
Now in the data box that is up in the horizontal catagory axis labels, click the first option and hit edit.

Now select your X Axis data and there ya go. You can reverse this if you like and should get the same results

Haha, alright, here is how to do it in 2007.

You have your 2 data strings, hit insert > bar graph

Click "Select Data" on the menu bar
In chart data range, highlight the data for Y axis > hit enter
Now in the data box that is up in the horizontal catagory axis labels, click the first option and hit edit.

Now select your X Axis data and there ya go. You can reverse this if you like and should get the same results

Hmm not really working, I guess I'm missing something.

I can't really click select data in the menu bar, I can't find it, and when I right click it on the graph I keep on getting the same results I was getting before.

:(

Hmm not really working, I guess I'm missing something.

I can't really click select data in the menu bar, I can't find it, and when I right click it on the graph I keep on getting the same results I was getting before.

:(

Right clicking the chart and hitting select Data will get you the same area, then the instruction above should get the rest done.

I may not be explaining it well, its kinda a pain in the ass to be honest, lol

Right clicking the chart and hitting select Data will get you the same area, then the instruction above should get the rest done.

I may not be explaining it well, its kinda a pain in the ass to be honest, lol

Yeah...wtf did M$ have to fucking go all gay on office? Some one should release a patch that changes the skin too...the current one is a really memory hog and all bloated.

Back