So im getting a lot of bluescreens

Converge

[H]ard|Gawd
BSOD. Blue screen of death. Its spreading. I dont know why. Ill get a BSOD crash about once-twice a day now. When i boot back up, windows states the cause as this:

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini111303-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\MATELE~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER3.tmp.dir00\ sysdata.xml

I dont know what the problem is. Crashes seem to be random though. Im reinstalling XP pro soon anyways, not just because of this problem, but cause its been a while. Id still like to know WTF is making me get a blue screen though. Thanks

If you want us to troubleshoot the BSOD, we need the STOP: code, and any driver information that might be listed.

My temps are fine...underload they are still below 39-40c, and im not overclocked right now, though I used to be but that was on different ram. Theres no errors in memtest either, ive been running on this ram for a couple months. I dont know what the problem could be..

Check the voltages on the PSU in the BIOS.

Going to get the error message to us? Kinda important ya know. ;)

I dont know what the error message is, or where to find it...so if someone tells me Ill get it. Is it in event viewer?

I switched in my other ram anyways, im gonna see if that helps.

Converge said:
I dont know what the error message is, or where to find it...so if someone tells me Ill get it. Is it in event viewer?

I switched in my other ram anyways, im gonna see if that helps.
The error message will be in the Event Viewer.
Have you ran memtest? BSODs are a common symptom of bad ram.
If your PSU is failing to provide stable voltages, that could also do it.

Is there anything in specific you're doing when you get the BSODs (eg. using memory intensive applications, using CPU and/or GPU intensive applications/games, etc)?

RavenD said:
The error message will be in the Event Viewer.
Have you ran memtest? BSODs are a common symptom of bad ram.
If your PSU is failing to provide stable voltages, that could also do it.

Is there anything in specific you're doing when you get the BSODs (eg. using memory intensive applications, using CPU and/or GPU intensive applications/games, etc)?

Im pretty sure I have the right event up in event viewer...this should be the msg.

Error code 1000007e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 a85d7199, parameter3 a76f3b6c, parameter4 a76f386c.

Im not really doign anything particular when it happens. I noticed it DOES happen a lot when im playing CS (not really other games) but it also does it when im doing nothing, or using certain programs like bitlord or soulseek. Or just nothing at all.

I actually think it was the ram, cause it hasnt happend since i switched it out earlier.

Converge said:
I actually think it was the ram, cause it hasnt happend since i switched it out earlier.
Easiest way to verify this is put the old ram back in (or into another box) one sick at a time, and run memtest. You'll know if there's a bad stick -- and which one it is, if you get any errors.

Converge said:
Im pretty sure I have the right event up in event viewer...this should be the msg.

Error code 1000007e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 a85d7199, parameter3 a76f3b6c, parameter4 a76f386c.

Im not really doign anything particular when it happens. I noticed it DOES happen a lot when im playing CS (not really other games) but it also does it when im doing nothing, or using certain programs like bitlord or soulseek. Or just nothing at all.

A kernel mode component Access Violated. Without the minidump can't tell you which one. It could be bad memory, or it could be a bug in a driver.
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=828696

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

A quick google of "STOP: 1000007e" gave this link
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321637&sd=RMVP
An issue with a soundblaster card. If you can think of any drivers you updated or installed lately, you may want to uninstall them.

If you have a sound blaster it may be worth a try to remove the drivers.

The most sure-fire way to get to the bottom of the problem is to follow Ranma_Sao's link and follow his instructions. It's nice having a guy on the inside around here. :D

Back