So i'm buying a Canon Powershot G5, and a 1GB CF..

Stang Man

2[H]4U
any sites dedicated to the G5? i dont really have a clue about photography, and would really love to learn more about it.

i've read some of photo.net/learn, but that's just incredibly long and boring... i should probably go through it huh?

Check out THIS site. It has a sub-forum dedicated to the Canon G-series cams. :)

Originally posted by royjr
Check out THIS site. It has a sub-forum dedicated to the Canon G-series cams. :)

thanks a lot! been looking for such a forum...

thanks everyone :)

Originally posted by agentzero9
You couldn't have picked a worse time to buy a camera.

But good luck :).

canon's 22 new models coming out??

lol, i'm going to wait for those to come out, then buy the G5:p

for the price of a G5 and 1gb CF card you can almost afford the Digital Rebel.

phas3d

Originally posted by Stang Man
canon's 22 new models coming out??

lol, i'm going to wait for those to come out, then buy the G5:p

Actually that's not such a bad idea. When the new models are announced or released, is when the old models go dowin in price.

Originally posted by phas3d

phas3d

keyword: almost.

what will a digital rebel give me?? about 3x the mass.. no thanks, and I am gonna look at that thing, and ask how to take a picture with it.

Canon Schmanon...get the Nikon 4500...;) Actually, canons are nice cams...but the G5 has some problems. I'd recommend the G3 or the S45 if you want a Canon.

The 4500 has excellent macro capabilities, Steve himself, the acclaimed owner of Steves-Digicams, uses that exact model for his product shots...something a reviewer like you could use :)

I had a birthday party for my Fiance this weekend and had my Sony DSC-V1 out. A friend of mine, also at the party, had brought his new G5 (I could just feel the competitive tension). After about 15 minutes of letting him play around with mine and load & print pictures from my computer, he was pissed he bought a G5.

Just food for thought

***The Graphics Art department where I work just got 2 new Digital Rebels and I sweet-talked my way into getting to take one home for the weekend :D

Originally posted by phas3d

phas3d
Makes no sence. The EOS 300D body only is £800, the G5 with a 1GB CF is £500, £550 with a 2GB CF. :confused:

Back