So I wake up and my 204B is dead?

Yesterday morning I got up and come down to notice my 204B is turned off (which is unusual because i just let it go into powersave). I turn it back on and the screen turns grey for a few seconds, then fades to vertical color lines (which are the colors of what used to be my background). I turned it off for the rest of the day thinking maybe it could help, but alas, it did not. So whenever i turn it on, the screen turns grey for a few seconds then fades into black (when its not connected to my computer), or colored vertical lines (resembling the colors of what my background was). when it isnt plugged in and i turn it on, the "check signal cable" message doesnt even come up :confused:

Has anyone had this problem, or possibly know of a solution?

I'm guessing voltage inverter issue, though there might be other possibilities. Even if that diagnostic is incorrect, this sounds like a hardware issue to me that will require service, not something you can fix on your own.

retardedchicken said:
So I take it i am SoL since its been past the 30 day and 90 day warranties?

According to samsung's site, it comes with a 3 year warranty. Am I mistaken?

30 days is usually store return policy. Samsung displays typically have a 3-year warranty. Go to www.samsungusa.com, find their support number, and call it.

I don't know whether or not Samsung has advanced exchange on LCD's. They did when I had a monitor with problems a few years back. If they do, they may ask to put a hold on your credit card, but you should be able to get a replacement before shipping the old one back. If they do not, you'll need to box your display up in its original box and ship it to the address they tell you. Either way, this should be covered under warranty if your display is less than three years old and you purchased it new.

the samsung 204B's are POS's.
but however Samsung has EXCELENT SUPPORT!
when i got mine i immediatly noticed terrible light bleeding all over it.
i promptly had them ship me a new one and i just gave the UPS store my old one to ship back to them with their shipping lable. then just about 3 weeks ago i had 1 whole line of Pixels go bad on my replacment 204B. so i requiested another exchange... they were out of stock so they are now sending me a full refund as soon as i ship it back to them...
contact samsung, they wont do you wrong.
1-800-SAMSUNG
(thats) 1-800-726-7864

long as you have your proof of purchase (reciept) they are very good/easy to deal with.
best coustomer service ive run into in the computer industry yet.

Back