so I thought that the newer versions of Firefox are supposed to be the shiznet? not..

ozziegn

The man behind the curtain...
okay, I've finally thrown in the towel on the newer versions of Firefox because I keep on getting crashes after crashes and I dunno why.

sometimes I could go two or three days w/o anything going wrong. next thing I'd know, I'd be getting some sort of Netscape pop-up window and then the program would shut down totally.

so I decided to run the 8.xxxxxxx version again and she hasnt locked up on me once.

am I alone on this or are other people also having problems with the latest Firefox versions?

ozziegn said:
okay, I've finally thrown in the towel on the newer versions of Firefox because I keep on getting crashes after crashes and I dunno why.

sometimes I could go two or three days w/o anything going wrong. next thing I'd know, I'd be getting some sort of Netscape pop-up window and then the program would shut down totally.

so I decided to run the 8.xxxxxxx version again and she hasnt locked up on me once.

am I alone on this or are other people also having problems with the latest Firefox versions?
I was having similar problems with Firefox with too many (5-6) tabs open. :rolleyes:

Once I updated to Malakai's Firefox 0.9.2 optimized for Athlon XP & P4s from Genmay. I haven't had any problems. :)

I have even completely gotten rid of Opera. :eek:

were you having problems similar to what I described?

ozziegn said:
were you having problems similar to what I described?
Yes it keep crashing on me. Some time a simple restart would fix it for a while. But sometimes I had to go into the Task Manager to kill the exe in order to use the same profile. :rolleyes: :mad:

I have been using Firefox 0.9.x since the releases have come out and have found it to actually be more stable than previous Firefox/Firebird versions. In versions 0.7 and 0.8, I did experience the random crashes, but only once a week. With 0.9.x, I haven't had any crashing problems.

The difference between your version and mine could be that I compiled Firefox for my machine, but I have no clue what your problem would be.

Have you searched on http://www.mozillazine.org ?

Back