so i returned my ASUS V9999GT ------need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

p.i.m.p

Gawd
after buying the card then after reading the reviews here @ [H] about the card being falsely advertised (not having the DDR3 / lower clock spd) i returned the card for a 15% restocking fee, and am back to my ASUS Ti4200, frankly i'm very shocked that ASUS would pull something like that :(

now i want to buy another one but this time i was thinking of the XFX 6600GT ($289) or the BFG 6800OC ($368)., btw i paid $418+tax for the V9999GT so almost $500 ( Canadian currency ) :(

this time i dont want to be ripped off..

at stock speed the BFG 6800OC will be faster then the 6600GT correct ? even tho the BFG is using DDR1..

now about unlocking, what are my chances %wise of me unlocking the BFG if i were to get it ?, and how mich pipes does it have @ stock ?

i know there are other threads about this already and i'm very very sorry for making another one...

im getting the bfg 6800oc, where are you getting it at comuter cananda, thats the cheapest i found the bfg (368). also ive read on this forum you can unlock 4 more pipelines on the 6800.

if i do get it i'll get it from CanadaComputer (downtown Toronto) (Spadina & College) CanadaComputers

i just dont want to be fooled again and having to return the card paying a 15% restocking fee..

how does the unlocking thing work with rivatuner ? just press a button and the program does the rest ?

don't even consider the 6600 GT if the price is like 20-30 dollar difference becuz the 6800 NU just kicks its ass and the performance gain will be much worth that amt. also if u can unlock the extra pipes/shader. u will be :) i'd have to say unless if the 6600 GT is like 50-70+ more i wouldn't even consider it over the 6800 NU. success rates for unlockin the extra pipes/shader is VERY HIGH and its practically RISK FREE.

p.i.m.p said:
after buying the card then after reading the reviews here @ [H] about the card being falsely advertised (not having the DDR3 / lower clock spd) i returned the card for a 15% restocking fee, and am back to my ASUS Ti4200, frankly i'm very shocked that ASUS would pull something like that :(

now i want to buy another one but this time i was thinking of the XFX 6600GT ($289) or the BFG 6800OC ($368)., btw i paid $418+tax for the V9999GT so almost $500 ( Canadian currency ) :(

this time i dont want to be ripped off..

at stock speed the BFG 6800OC will be faster then the 6600GT correct ? even tho the BFG is using DDR1..

now about unlocking, what are my chances %wise of me unlocking the BFG if i were to get it ?, and how mich pipes does it have @ stock ?

i know there are other threads about this already and i'm very very sorry for making another one...

holy shit ignorant dumbshit thats ur lose, people are confusing it with the GE version

read my thread on it ive post pics and everything, it has fuckign 256mb gddr3 with 16 pipes / 6 shaders etc

its ur fault for not doing more research i guess and going off !!!!!!s opions

hey man, be a bit more understanding.... no need to go off on him. not everyone is as informed as u...

shade said:
hey man, be a bit more understanding.... no need to go off on him. not everyone is as informed as u...
i wasnt, if hes gonna complain about having to pay restocking etc then he should do more research and not go off peoples opions on a forum. o well thats his lose i guess

keep in mind. everyone makes mistakes, whether his card was in fact the "falsely advertised" one or not. he was confused and i do believe the the ppl who make the cards do try to trick ppl purposely. even if he should've done more research, i seriously have to blame the manufacturers for lying to the consumers.

i stayed away from asus completely for my GT...i like the company..but that was just stupid...my EVGA is kickin ass anyway ;)

shade said:
keep in mind. everyone makes mistakes, whether his card was in fact the "falsely advertised" one or not. he was confused and i do believe the the ppl who make the cards do try to trick ppl purposely. even if he should've done more research, i seriously have to blame the manufacturers for lying to the consumers.
sadly asus hasnt lied

the ge version says 256mb,( its peoples fault for reading and assuming) its normal ddr and not ddr3, its on the same pcb etc to cut retooling costs' and retweaked the card to have everything gt on a NU pcb except the shaders / pipes. Inovation is never a crime

ichbingottderliebe said:
holy shit ignorant dumbshit thats ur lose, people are confusing it with the GE version

read my thread on it ive post pics and everything, it has fuckign 256mb gddr3 with 16 pipes / 6 shaders etc

ok so ur flaming me, but if you do, at least link a thread to your own thread if you want me to read it..

other thing, i've read numerous threads here at {H} about the V9999GT not being a true GT (like the memory clock being 700mhz) etc,,, it wasnt just one thread i read about it but multiple..

when i installed it farcry/doom3 looked worse then my Ti4200..

i dont have alot of $$ so i'm just asking for a opinion, apparently you couldnt answer it so you had to flame me, quess who came out the LOSR

the V9999GT i bought, it said on the box DDR3 when i got home it wasnt, theirs a lie already.., i was only fuming at ASUS now you or other users..

now dont get me wrong, the only vid cards i've ever owned were from ASUS, and "I LOVE MY ASUS tI4200"

I got the 6600GT for 240, I can only find the 6800nu and it's like 300. I don't want to spend 60 bucks more for a relatively small gain. I also don't want to enable pipelines and such (few faulty cards, bad unlocks and RMAs later I am done with that). But yeah if the price between a 6800nu is 20-30 bucks get the 6800nu hands down, but if it's 60+ get the 6600GT It's a good card.

i never said asus lied but lets be honest now. do u really think they just left the same name on the card becuz they forgot or for w/e reason? they left it the SAME to trick the consumers who do not have as much computer knowledge as most of us here have. so imo they are to blame as well becuz how hard is it to change the name of a card and help the ppl out instead of there so called marketing scheme. the 6800 NU is 20-30 less. outpost.com has them for that price and many other stores. im sure future deals will have them for like 200 AR like the BF sales at CUSA even tho PNY pretty much did a crappy job anyway. especially since christmas is around the corner.

hahhahahahahah wow your stupid if you get a bfg 6800gt OC that will actually be worse then the asus the bfg cooler is horible my leadtek without my coolign mods done to it get almost 25C below what a stock bfg does

i will never get over the fact that you traded your card in that i was trying so hard to get when i was first trying to upgrade then got raped with 15% fee all becasue you thaught your gt had ddr, jesuz

you could have esily found out by
1 oc'ing
2 compairing your 3d mark score to other peoples score
3 im shure there is a way to go though your software to see what type of ddr you have on ur card but the idea isnt coming to me yet
if they did sell you a card that had ddr and was advertised as ddr3 im shure you could sue or atleast ask for a complete refund because "they screwed ou over"

p.i.m.p said:
ok so ur flaming me, but if you do, at least link a thread to your own thread if you want me to read it..

other thing, i've read numerous threads here at {H} about the V9999GT not being a true GT (like the memory clock being 700mhz) etc,,, it wasnt just one thread i read about it but multiple..

when i installed it farcry/doom3 looked worse then my Ti4200..

i dont have alot of $$ so i'm just asking for a opinion, apparently you couldnt answer it so you had to flame me, quess who came out the LOSR

do some more research before u call me a loser, i wouldnt say i posted threads proving u wrong if u are able to search my post history, which u are able to.

its not possible for the game to look worse on any 6800gt vs a dx 8 card, so its obviously a software conflict that u didnt wanna troubleshoot

I've never heard anything but good about the BFG line of cards, their 6800s have cooling issues?

DarthWombaT said:
I've never heard anything but good about the BFG line of cards, their 6800s have cooling issues?
i wouldnt say to the extent of 25c difference.... maybe he had a faulty sensor laolzla

6800's get hotter then x800's and ddr3 gets hotter then ddr so ...its obvious shes gonna get warm :p

the BFG's that had the dual fan cooler was bad. but i heard they switched back to the reference coolers which are fine... BFG's warranty still owns and they oc a bit for u alrdy which is always nice if ur not a [H] person. im pretty sure i read somewhere they went back to the reference coolers...

Wow, sure are some fucking jerks on this board. By the way sorry to hear about your problem. I was a little confused when I read some reviews of some of the asus boards. If you ask me, yes I think they are just trying to confuse people. Say, Itchycrotchything, if you are going to call someone a stupid dumbshit, maybe you should learn how to fucking spell first. Just a thought. :rolleyes:

the card hes refering to is the 128mb 6800gt from asus not the 256mb, and are there any problems with the 128 gt. how does it perform against the 6800nu

dfloyd70 said:
Wow, sure are some fucking jerks on this board. By the way sorry to hear about your problem. I was a little confused when I read some reviews of some of the asus boards. If you ask me, yes I think they are just trying to confuse people. Say, Itchycrotchything, if you are going to call someone a stupid dumbshit, maybe you should learn how to fucking spell first. Just a thought. :rolleyes:
as we found out from mr floyd banks himself, we are on here to type an english paper, let alone that keyboards were laid out to make abrievations second nature

thx for the replies and call me slow, but i still dont know weather to get a BFG 6800OC or a 6600Gt..

looks like i'll wait for the next gen cards...

listen to me... if ur thinking about gettin the 6600 GT. DONT. just get the 6800 NU.... its that simple.

ichbingottderliebe said:

Go away. Posting crap like that only makes you look like a "dumbshit." Although I would expect this from somebody that has been on the forums for 10 days and is already at Limp Gawd.

Grandmasta_J said:
Go away. Posting crap like that only makes you look like a "dumbshit." Although I would expect this from somebody that has been on the forums for 10 days and is already at Limp Gawd.
ask santa for firefox if u wanna know how to multi task ...or u can stay on ur 533 if u want

refrain from looking in the mirror when u type to me from now on

I'm not going to get into this, obviously he has come into this forum and looked to start shit with people. If he thinks he can hurt somebody's feelings by insulting their machine specs, he has a lot to learn. By the way, I use Firefox and can multitask just fine, it's not my fault I have other things to pay for besides bloating my machine specs for the sake of enlarging my e-penis.

P.S. I'm sure he has been reported a few times in this thread, I'll let the mods/admins deal with him, for he is now on my ignore list.

As for back on topic, the 6800 is the way to go, you'll see much better performance out of the larger memory bus.

ichbingottderliebe said:
ask santa for firefox if u wanna know how to multi task ...or u can stay on ur 533 if u want

refrain from looking in the mirror when u type to me from now on

You're an idiot and I'm sure you will be banned after you make a few more retarded posts.

p.i.m.p said:
thx for the replies and call me slow, but i still dont know weather to get a BFG 6800OC or a 6600Gt..

looks like i'll wait for the next gen cards...

I wouldn't call you slow. I do feel sorry that you fell for the pile of marketing shit that Asus calls a 6800GT. I found it attractive as well until I asked around and found out what it actually was. As for your options now, go with the BFG 6800 OC and hope for the free pipe unlock for the extra boost in performance. Even if it doesnt work you still get a great card out of the deal.

Far Cry should have looked way better on your GT over the 4200. If I may give you a little advice. If and when you get a new card, always get the latest driver off the net and just as important the latest patch for the games you plan to . The 6800 series had a serious issue with far cry until you apply thier patch.

Next time do your research before you make a purchase so you don't have to return things :).

Go for the BFG 6800OC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back