So i installed vista tonight

Lunas

[H]F Junkie
I decided to install xp sp3 rc2. When the install finished and I restarted I was given a blue screen and endless restarting due to ["gdibipmapsize unable to be found" Gdi32.dll]. After installing vista the closest os disk near me (vista). Using vista I searched on the web to find out what this error was.

The error that was keeping xp sp3 from booting was a error that first cropped up in vista sp1 and had since migrated over to xp sp3. And to fix this all i needed to do was put the gdi32.dll from the service pack 3 install directory into my system 32 folder on my windows xp install.

Cliff notes:
1. microsoft messed up thier service pack with old files
2. new files cause error loop requiring recovery console or dual boot.
3. dual boot vista ultimate to find out what needs to be done to fix it.
4. fixed it.

Ok, that made not one fucking bit of any legible and comprehensible sense whatsoever.

And while SP3 might be "done" now, it's still not available through any legitimate means (it's not on MSDN, not on TechNet, not on Windows Update, etc) so I'm hoping you mean "SP3 beta" there. And if a beta service pack ruined your machine, good for you. Now you're past the initiation...

Ok, that made not one fucking bit of any legible and comprehensible sense whatsoever.

And while SP3 might be "done" now, it's still not available through any legitimate means (it's not on MSDN, not on TechNet, not on Windows Update, etc) so I'm hoping you mean "SP3 beta" there. And if a beta service pack ruined your machine, good for you. Now you're past the initiation...
Yeah it was sp3 rc2 off microsoft's website... Install is fixed now i needed to put gdi32.dll from the service pack files folder in my system 32 folder because another update put a newer version of that dll on windows...

This issue is a issue vista sp1 started it came over from there to sp3

Jesus...

Lunas, how do I explain this...reading your posts physically hurts!!!. Seriously.

If English isn't your native tongue, I sympathize. If it is, you need to rejoin the second grade to find out what you missed. Seriously.

From what I can tell, XP SP3 RC2 wrecked Vista SP1 (or vice-versa). Whatever. Just wipe the drive, pick one to install. Plain and simple.

If this advice is wrong, its probably because I can't decipher your gibberish.

<Runs for a bottle of aspirin>

Yeah he has to put the bong down before he installs software or posts on a forum.

Jesus...

Lunas, how do I explain this...reading your posts physically hurts!!!. Seriously.

If English isn't your native tongue, I sympathize. If it is, you need to rejoin the second grade to find out what you missed. Seriously.

From what I can tell, XP SP3 RC2 wrecked Vista SP1 (or vice-versa). Whatever. Just wipe the drive, pick one to install. Plain and simple.

If this advice is wrong, its probably because I can't decipher your gibberish.

<Runs for a bottle of aspirin>
I only speak 2 languages if you count bad english as a language... I re-wrote my inital post so it doesnt hurt. And as for posting i need to stop posting at 4am.

Back